Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Tour of NZ

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gary Ballance, Jake Ball and Tom Curran dropped Mark Wood Ben Stokes and Liam Livingstone added to the party Just wait for CCP decision to see if Stokes goes back to NZ.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No leach is a joke. Crane is far too expensive to play in a four man attack so won't play. Odd.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I thought this was about my forthcoming motorcycle trip. How did you know about it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought you wre proposing a holiday of a lifetime, BG :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will the players treat it like another stag weekend ? ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't know why we have to wait for the prosecutor's decision on Stokes. It just reeks of indecision by the ECB. We should just have fined him, banned him for X games and then called him up to play, its what the Aussies would have done (e.g. David Warner). This indefinite 'not considered for selection' with no sanction is so wishy-washy - he's not even suspended - if no charges are filed (I doubt they will be) he'll be called back with no punishment at all. Its pathetic really.

The whole ECB selection right now is a farce. Unbelievable that they try all kinds of players at 2 and 3, watch them fail one after the other (Lyth, Robson, Ballance, Duckett, Jennings, Vince) but DON'T call Ian Bell back up for the Australia tour, and leave one of the very best international players right now, Alex Hales, sitting at home with no place in the squad at all. Hales on the flat Australian pitches and the non-swinging Kookaburra ball would have been great; Bell as a senior mature player called in to stabilise a difficult position for a year or so would have made so much sense, but no we have to suffer Stoneman poking about and Vince thinking that footwork doesn't matter now he's in the test squad. Finally they act surprised when all these players thrust in at 3 fail, forgetting that nearly all the modern greats started their test careers at 5 or 6 in the order (Tendulkar, Ponting, Root, Smith, Kohli for a quick handful of names. None of them were chucked in at 3 or 4 on debut). Funny isn't it that the one batting success of the tour was the guy put in at 5, who'd have thought it?

Shit, just give me the job already...........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about Stokes why should we wait for the CPS to do or not do what they intend if he is good enough which he obviously is, play him and then take any action after they have decided. He should be just picked as a player not captain or vice capt to set an example but as an all rounder.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The whole Stokes saga is bizarre imo. It occured last September. Why are the Police/CPS taking so long to decide what action to take? Or not as the case might be. Given there was footage of the incident, there was surely enough to decide reasonably quickly if there was a case to answer. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The whole Stokes saga is bizarre imo. It occured last September. Why are the Police/CPS taking so long to decide what action to take? Or not as the case might be. Given there was footage of the incident, there was enough surely to decide reasonably quickly if there was a case to answer. Am I missing something?

The head of the CPS is an Australian perhaps, so a decision could be imminent once the 20/20 are out of the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here