Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Pritchard, etc

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... and, meanwhile, we get nowhere slow, a usual...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I’m quite happy not signing dross like that ta. 11 million for Pritchard. Wonder what Gross is worth if that’s what 11m gets you.

Dross at PL level anyway. Both very good championship players.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
To be honest can’t say I’d want either that much, Pritchard would improve the squad but won’t start after Gross and not really done enough at Norwich to warrant a minimum plus £3m increase in what they paid for him. Sakho on the other hand is a pretty terrible player who spends the majority of the time injured, can’t believe he’s being sold for as much as he is!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Both Pritchard and Sakho are players that wouldn't improve on our first eleven. Full confidence in Winstanley, Hughton, Barber and Bloom to deliver the striker we need in this window.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
SSN just announced Hudd have today bid £11m.

With the WHU striker Sakho having a med with Palace today, clubs determined to stay up are bloody well getting on with it.
Another Sakho.....sack-o-shit...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pritchard is a good player, will improve Huddersfield , shame we never went back for him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pritchard is a good player, will improve Huddersfield , shame we never went back for him.

Probably cause we agreed £4.7 mill for him , he’s done bugger all at Norwich and now he’s £11mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m quite happy not signing dross like that ta. 11 million for Pritchard. Wonder what Gross is worth if that’s what 11m gets you.

Dross at PL level anyway. Both very good championship players.

Begging the question, even with the benifit of hindsight:-

Which striker(s) should the club have signed in the Summer?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Probably cause we agreed £4.7 mill for him , he’s done bugger all at Norwich and now he’s £11mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just goes to show the ludicrous current level of inflation in football transfer fees. And to think my next door neighbour's daughter ditched him a few months before he almost signed for Brighton!

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
I'd be excited to hear that Brighton had signed someone for £11m, then incredibly disappointed and perplexed to find out it was Pritchard. The bloke has been injured most of this season and did very little for Norwich last year. What's he done to make people think that he could step up and make a difference at PL level?

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
Begging the question, even with the benifit of hindsight:-

Which striker(s) should the club have signed in the Summer?

Even with the benefit of hindsight, I can't think of a single signing made by another mid/lower table club that I'd wished our recruitment team had identified and signed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Even with the benefit of hindsight, I can't think of a single signing made by another mid/lower table club that I'd wished our recruitment team had identified and signed.

Mooy. But Hudds always had an advantage over us with him. Otherwise, I agree with you. Well, excepting Richarlison but maybe they got lucky with that one, had you heard of him before?

But if we're talking just strikers, there's been none out there that have caught the eye - Abraham we kind of wanted, but he hasn't proved to be more than a bundle of promise (in a better team though.........?)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I'd have Pritchard for £11m. In todays market that's a decent price.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
Mooy. But Hudds always had an advantage over us with him. Otherwise, I agree with you. Well, excepting Richarlison but maybe they got lucky with that one, had you heard of him before?

But if we're talking just strikers, there's been none out there that have caught the eye - Abraham we kind of wanted, but he hasn't proved to be more than a bundle of promise (in a better team though.........?)

Mooy is a good player that I hoped we might try to sign at the time, but with the benefit of hindsight, Pascal Groß has (so far) been a better signing, even without taking into account that he cost £5m less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here