Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Farron thinks gay sex is a sin after all

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's a difficult balancing act for politicians with strong beliefs such as Tim Farron and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I suppose the easiest thing for the rest of us to do is use it as an excuse to jeer at them

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a difficult balancing act for politicians with strong beliefs such as Tim Farron and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I suppose the easiest thing for the rest of us to do is use it as an excuse to jeer at them

Works for me :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

At least Rees-Mogg doesn't lie about his beliefs for political traction. I hope you're not saying I'm jeering BTW.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This sums up Christianity for me. When I'm in power and I want to further my career I'll lie and avoid the truth and when I've left I'll show a complete lack of tolerance, understanding and spout my bigoted views, sweet!

Humanism all the way for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Homophobic liberal. You couldn't make it up.

Looks like a sinister primary school teacher to me.

<shivers>

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
:shrug: he has deeply held personal views, but towed the party line as far as I understand it. Being a liberal means defending people's beliefs even if you don't personally share them, he did that.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He shouldn’t be passing judgement until he’s tried it in my opinion.

Get him in the middle of a man train cruising around Duke’s Mound at 3am on a Saturday night with a bear and a few otters and I reckon he’d have the time of his life; he’d soon change his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Entitled to his beliefs. Not entitled to lie about them to get elected.

Absolutely .

Perfectly entitled to have this view and it isn't an outrageous one in society . Just it seems outregous if you air this these days .

He shouldn't be in his position voicing it though . That's naive and foolish they appointed him really .

Expect he will be crucified

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Absolutely .

Perfectly entitled to have this view and it isn't an outrageous one in society . Just it seems outregous if you air this these days .

He shouldn't be in his position voicing it though . That's naive and foolish they appointed him really .

Expect he will be crucified

It’s a perfectly acceptable view that blue is a nice colour. It’s a perfectly acceptable view that the Albion are a great team to support. It’s not ok to be a homophobe. The same way that it’s not ok to be racist or sexist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:shrug: he has deeply held personal views, but towed the party line as far as I understand it. Being a liberal means defending people's beliefs even if you don't personally share them, he did that.

Following your logic, that means a liberal is somone who defends people's adhrence to any 'sin' while not personally sharing the adherence. What type of 'sin'? Being gay? Being a jihadi? Being a paedophile? The trouble is this numpty thinks all 3 are a sin. If that is what liberalism means you can shove it.

ps AND he pretended that he though being gay was OK a while back, so he's a hypocrite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s a perfectly acceptable view that blue is a nice colour. It’s a perfectly acceptable view that the Albion are a great team to support. It’s not ok to be a homophobe. The same way that it’s not ok to be racist or sexist.

Does his voting record on LGBT issues confirm he is a homophobe then?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Does his voting record on LGBT issues confirm he is a homophobe then?

It certainly doesn’t, no. I was merely commenting that being against homosexuality is not merely an opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here