giphy.gif

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
In February 2015, Lawrence was inadvertently interviewed in the street by BBC journalist Stuart Flinders who was asking elderly people if they remembered the 1966–67 FA Cup Fifth Round game between Liverpool and Everton. Lawrence replied "I do, I played in it. I was the goalkeeper for Liverpool."

:bowdown::angel:

Brilliant.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Some say he was the first Goalkeeper Sweeper.
Used to love watching his antics back in the day, great character
RIP Big Man

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great character. I remember watching him from on the Kop (the real, original one) in the 1960s. The flying pig would amble on to the pitch, looking for all the world as if he'd just popped out of one of the pubs on the Anfield Road for a game of footie after a few lunch time pints. A real character, one of those footballers that was really close to the crowd. Maybe not the finest goalkeeper the world has ever seen, but a pretty good one (two league championships and one FA Cup, I think, so obviously no slouch). Could move surprisingly quickly, and....errr......how shall we put it? - if the Flying Pig launched himself to get a 50/50 ball, he very rarely failed to get it!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Liverpool legend. Another of the great Liverpool keepers. Saw him play for them at Southampton in the early 60s as part of the first great Liverpool team. RIP the Flying Pig.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Such respect...............

I'll save the gif to use when somebody you've heard of dies.
By all means, go for it. And whilst you're on your high horse maybe ask the OP why he feels the need to start a RIP thread about a footballer with no Brighton connections but doesn't bother posting similar in the thread about Steve Piper?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
By all means, go for it. And whilst you're on your high horse maybe ask the OP why he feels the need to start a RIP thread about a footballer with no Brighton connections but doesn't bother posting similar in the thread about Steve Piper?

I think that the point being made is that there are perhaps better ways to enquire as to who Tommy Lawrence was. That's all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here