Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scott Arfield

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He'd add good depth to the midfield given Sidwell doesn't seem close to a return and looks like good value available due to contract running out in a few months.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
If he's only valued at 2/3m as reported, this could be decent actually. Can play CM and RM, which are two areas that we could do with more depth in. Very workman-like player which Hughton demands from his squad. If we're on a budget after the (hopefully) striker signing I wouldn't say no

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If he's only valued at 2/3m as reported, this could be decent actually. Can play CM and RM, which are two areas that we could do with more depth in. Very workman-like player which Hughton demands from his squad. If we're on a budget after the (hopefully) striker signing I wouldn't say no

I remember him playing in midfield for Huddersfield against us, I think back when Poyet was our manager, and he stood out to me because he was one of the only Huddersfield players who looked good on the ball, got his head up etc. Recall him standing out for me and when I mentioned it to my two work mates who support Huddersfield they were telling me how their fans didn't rate him at all.

Anyway, that memory had him placed in my brain as a center mid, but it does seem he's mostly played out wide in recent years even though he's not a typical wide player. Would probably tick a few boxes though, cover multiple positions, fits into Hughton style/work ethic, experienced (CH seems to prefer older players), PL experience, good player in Champ if we did go down and presumably wouldn't break the bank.

Yeah, I'd be quite happy with this one if it turns out to be accurate and gets done.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I doubt Burnley will be selling any members of the first XI for £2m. Especially as it's a position where (thanks to Brady's injury) we have no depth at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Phew. At last, the top flight quality striker with pace, we’ve desperately sought since Easter.

A big well done to Bloom and Winstanley for solving the striker issue.

We are, allegedly, after another defender too in case you hadn't noticed, Baldock is back too :smile: Jesting aside I really like Baldock, will be good to see if he can crack it in the Premier League, positive comeback against Palace imo

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Solid player. Can’t see him wanting to leave high flying Burnley for us though.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
People saying that Pritchard and sacko not good enough for us then hoping we get arfield.................

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Big fan of Scotty and he represents a lot of what Dyche has done for the club. He was a free signing from Huddersfield who really improved under Dyche. I'm not so sure he's as effective as a CM though, his best work is from out wide, usually cutting in from the left.

The only reason I can see him going is that he wants a 2/3 year contract minimum and we aren't keen to offer that to a player in his role who has just turned 29.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be a decent signing, but this is tinkering around the edges - the striker singing is way more important.

Also, I'm not sure there is too much chance of him coming to us anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Big fan of Scotty and he represents a lot of what Dyche has done for the club. He was a free signing from Huddersfield who really improved under Dyche. I'm not so sure he's as effective as a CM though, his best work is from out wide, usually cutting in from the left.

The only reason I can see him going is that he wants a 2/3 year contract minimum and we aren't keen to offer that to a player in his role who has just turned 29.

Interesting point. At 29, he is not old and 2/3 years would only bring him up to 32. I could understand it if he was in his 30s now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here