Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sevilla v Man Utd Champions League - tickets FROM £89 for away fans

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a bit of a shame Utd didn't retaliate by charging Seville fans £8.90.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excellent response from Utd. Now Sevilla will be getting grief from their own fans for lumbering them with this massive tit-for-tat price hike.

Its Sevilla who are the villains of this, they have been totally unreasonable. Outrageous opportunism setting the lowest price at £89, utterly disgusting. Good on Utd for not putting up with it.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent response from Utd. Now Sevilla will be getting grief from their own fans for lumbering them with this massive tit-for-tat price hike.

Its Sevilla who are the villains of this, they have been totally unreasonable. Outrageous opportunism setting the lowest price at £89, utterly disgusting. Good on Utd for not putting up with it.

But Utd are still following the precedent not rebuking it.
It's hard not to think they're secretly pleased with with this development.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But Utd are still following the precedent not rebuking it.
It's hard not to think they're secretly pleased with with this development.

They've tried rebuking it - it didn't work. So rather than admit defeat, they've been forced by Sevilla into getting petty over it. Entirely justified IMO (and I can't see them getting overly excited about a few extra grand, a chunk of which they're handing back as a discount to their own fans anyway).

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They've tried rebuking it - it didn't work. So rather than admit defeat, they've been forced by Sevilla into getting petty over it. Entirely justified IMO (and I can't see them getting overly excited about a few extra grand, a chunk of which they're handing back as a discount to their own fans anyway).
We seem to have differing opinions on the current ownership of Manchester United.

How long before they are charging the saem 'going rate'?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely Manchester United's Official Marmalade Partner should step in here and have a word? It would get both sides out of a jam surely?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We seem to have differing opinions on the current ownership of Manchester United.

How long before they are charging the saem 'going rate'?

I'm no Utd apologist, but having made a stand on this on behalf of their fans, I can't see them suddenly deciding to whack up the prices on all ECL away fans to £89 as a standard. They've done this as a deterrent to other European clubs taking the p1ss on prices for their fans when they visit.

They could've shrugged and said "oh well, we tried", but they've gone the extra mile here. Credit where credits due IMO.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you scroll down the twitter you'll notice Man Utd charged Derby fans £45 for tickets to the FA Cup last Friday stating the £30 limit doesn't apply to cup games. A 50% increase.
£45 for 3rd round.
£89 for knock out game CL
I'd love to have that problem.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do Sevilla normally charge for champions league games?

Liverpool fans were charged £54 for the group stage game (hence Utd rebating the £35 difference to their fans who are travelling).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely there must be some form of apeel?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I wish we had pulled Sevilla out of the hat rather than Boro... fantastic place to go for an away game...

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
If you scroll down the twitter you'll notice Man Utd charged Derby fans £45 for tickets to the FA Cup last Friday stating the £30 limit doesn't apply to cup games. A 50% increase.
£45 for 3rd round.
£89 for knock out game CL
I'd love to have that problem.

Derby would have approved that price though - slice of 70,000 @ £45 a ticket rather than £30 a ticket must have been more appealing to Derby than sticking up for their own fans.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Derby would have approved that price though - slice of 70,000 @ £45 a ticket rather than £30 a ticket must have been more appealing to Derby than sticking up for their own fans.

Not true. The FAC rules were changed recently and ticket pricing is purely up to the home team. There is no need for agreement with the away side nir an appeal to the FA.

The change was brought in to stop lower ranked sides cashing in when drawn away to a big team. But the Utd position us a side effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here