Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Worrall £10million

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£10m is rather a lot for an England U21 or is this the going rate now days ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Signing a young centre back for that amount of money can only mean one of ours are expected to leave either this month or in the summer. Had it been a 32 year old experienced CB I could understand to allow Goldson to go out on loan for game time but not a 20 year old.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
This would make a lot of sense. You would imagine, if we are expecting to lose Dunk in the summer, and letting Goldson go out on loan for the rest of this season, bedding in a future England prospect, as one of the 4 first team CBs is a solid long-term investment in the squad. Haven't seen much of Worrall but heard many good things. Fingers crossed on this one!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So the Nottingham Post writes a few words about something the Daily Mail has written about something no-one has commented upon - and very likely made up.

As Dusty Springfield once sang - 'It may be false, it may be true, but newspapers really do need to stop fabricating stories just for the sake of gullible clickbait.' Dusty at her finest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So the Nottingham Post writes a few words about something the Daily Mail has written about something no-one has commented upon - and very likely made up.

As Dusty Springfield once sang - 'It may be false, it may be true, but newspapers really do need to stop fabricating stories just for the sake of gullible clickbait.' Dusty at her finest.

Thats a very cynical approach perhaps because somebody knows more about the clubs dealings than you wherever they got their info from be it Forest or Brighton

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Perhaps we will sign him and loan him back to Forest for the season so that he continues to play and get experience.

I’d imagine if we sign him it’ll still be Goldson that goes out on loan and Worrall would remain with squad. Presumably he’s young enough to not take up a squad position in the 25?

Edit. Maybe loaning Goldson to Florist could be a sweetener?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We all saw what happened with Dunk. If you hesitate or are put off by the asking price it's likely in a couple of seasons time you'll live to regret it. We should definitely be using our increased revenue and profile to be signing players like this and the striker from Aston Villa.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Signing a young centre back for that amount of money can only mean one of ours are expected to leave either this month or in the summer. Had it been a 32 year old experienced CB I could understand to allow Goldson to go out on loan for game time but not a 20 year old.

This would make a lot of sense. You would imagine, if we are expecting to lose Dunk in the summer, and letting Goldson go out on loan for the rest of this season, bedding in a future England prospect, as one of the 4 first team CBs is a solid long-term investment in the squad. Haven't seen much of Worrall but heard many good things. Fingers crossed on this one!

I’d imagine if we sign him it’ll still be Goldson that goes out on loan and Worrall would remain with squad. Presumably he’s young enough to not take up a squad position in the 25?

Edit. Maybe loaning Goldson to Florist could be a sweetener?

We all saw what happened with Dunk. If you hesitate or are put off by the asking price it's likely in a couple of seasons time you'll live to regret it. We should definitely be using our increased revenue and profile to be signing players like this and the striker from Aston Villa.

I heard on the grapevine the other day, that Liverpool had put in a bid last week for Dunk believed to be in the region of 30 to 40million.

With a caveat that he would then be loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

No proof at all, but seemed quite logical with the money they have and if we are in for the Forest chap.

I think Dunk would be a perfect for for them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thats a very cynical approach perhaps because somebody knows more about the clubs dealings than you wherever they got their info from be it Forest or Brighton

Anyone would have more information than I have, because I don't know anything about this. But as you should know, that's totally irrelevant.

It's more cynical to post speculation. The Nottingham Post story doesn't even state we are keen - it says 'we are said to be keen' (my italics) - a textbook get-out-of-gaol line, which makes out they are repeating someone else's non-attributable story. If there was any hard truth in the story, a professional journalist would be able to get some direct quotes from at least one of the parties involved. Unsurprisingly, there are none.

Of course, there may be some truth in the story - but the language used comes with so many caveats, twists and turns, it's seriously at risk of agreeing with itself.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyone would have more information than I have, because I don't know anything about this. But as you should know, that's totally irrelevant.

It's more cynical to post speculation. If there was any truth in the story, a professional journalist would be able to get some direct quotes from at least one of the parties involved. Unsurprisingly, there are none.
Following this logic, unsubstantiated rumours in the tabloids should be ignored (as most of them are complete rubbish) and BG's entire concept of reality would implode.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

How do those lyrics fit into "I only wanna be with you"?

"It happens to be clickbait, I only wanna tell the truth"?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I heard on the grapevine the other day, that Liverpool had put in a bid last week for Dunk believed to be in the region of 30 to 40million.

With a caveat that he would then be loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

No proof at all, but seemed quite logical with the money they have and if we are in for the Forest chap.

I think Dunk would be a perfect for for them.

Really?

I have heard that a deal for Dunk to Arsenal is all but announced. I didn't want to put a thread on here as in the past I have been shot down.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Why the hell would Dunk leave if we're supposedly shipping out Goldson to Ipswich. And what of Ben White's career? A candidate for POTS at Newport.The transfer window is a cluster**** of misinformation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here