Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 15 days left for Hartlepool United

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hasn't Jeff Stelling already invested a lot into Hartlepool? Perhaps he doesn't want to throw good money after bad.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never good for a club to go under but clubs lower down with gates of 1/2000 having full time players is mad and asking for trouble. Cant believe more havent gone under. So much down to glory seeking owners in lower leagues. Take Whitehawk whose owners are desperate to get to National. Present manager has signed think 18 players since he took over on gates of 250/300

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd imagine Stelling getting Dave Jones sacked probably cost the club a few quid.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As I live about 5 miles from Hartlepool, I've got a few friends who are STHs. The feeling is that they will get nowhere near this target, and everyone is preparing for admin.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
In today's world of mega money in football, 200k seems such a low amount, but obviously not low when you're a smaller club with small income. Do the FA have a pool of dosh that can help clubs in crisis (with conditions to pay back gradually)? If they don't, they should.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Well perhaps they can follow the Palace route, it hasn't done them any harm, twice!

I believe in their case it will involve automatic relegation from the National League (including the regional sub-division), so they'd be looking at Northern League football I'd reckon. I think the days of a simple points deduction are gone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Unbelievable, Jeff!"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why are they in trouble ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Relegated out of the FL has probably had a lot to do with it ???

So not sustainable ? £200k now, same again next year etc?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why are they in trouble ?

Hartlepool United must find in the region of £200,000 in just 15 days to stave off the potential threat of administration.

And unless outside investment is found, or owner John Blackledge again dips into his own pocket to keep Pools afloat, the immediate future of the club hangs in the balance, it is understood.

On January 25, the club’s players and staff are due to be paid.

A number of other bills are also due on that date.

But, as things stand, the Mail has learned Pools do not have anywhere close to that kind of cash in the coffers.

As a result, they are at risk of defaulting on those payments and it is understood administrators could be called in.

The financial situation at the club severely worsened at the end of last year when owner John Blackledge, under the banner of Sage Investments, decided he had taken the club as far as he could.

It came after he had pumped what is believed to be £1.8m of his own fortune into Pools since acquiring it from JPNG and Gary Coxall.

Last month he put Pools up for sale.

And while the bills and payroll for December were covered, January has seen Pools struggle to meet financial commitments.

Alerted by reports of financial trouble at Victoria Park, Hartlepool Borough Council summoned Pools chief executive Pam Duxbury in for a crisis meeting yesterday to explain the state of play at the club.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sp...-stave-off-threat-of-administration-1-8948677

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here