Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Insomnia

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Its a b1tch isnt it. Any one get it? When you are lying in bed at 2 thinking I should be asleep, ah it will be ok, Cant shut down or get in the zone, try every combination of pillows duvets and lying down positions 5 hours till the alarm goes off then alarm goes off and you havent slept a wink. GRRRRR :yawn::yawn::yawn::(

Yes, I was up all night thinking about it!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ve been struggling to get to sleep a fair few nights since the new year. I’ve put it down to lowering my alcohol consumption. Proof, if any were needed, that not drinking is bad for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been listening to podcasts at bed recently, and that sends me right to sleep. Takes my mind off everything else

Is my answer too

Unfortunately I also listen to podcasts at midnight, 2am and from 4am onwards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Struggled with sleeping/morning routine since the christmas break, thought it would just be for last week but nope :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its a b1tch isnt it. Any one get it? When you are lying in bed at 2 thinking I should be asleep, ah it will be ok, Cant shut down or get in the zone, try every combination of pillows duvets and lying down positions 5 hours till the alarm goes off then alarm goes off and you havent slept a wink. GRRRRR :yawn::yawn::yawn::(

A sleep expert was on bbc breakfast not long back. A combination of ALL of these, if you persevere will make a big difference:
No tv watching in bed.
Stop using screens at least an hour before planned sleep time.
Reading.
Limit day time cat naps to 20 minutes max.
Obviously no caffeine and minimise booze.
Eat your main meal earlyish.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

It comes and goes and when I get it, I end up needing to sleep in the day, I just cancelled a 10 o clock meeting

I know what the causes are for me and it's not far from what you said, a suffer badly from anxiety stress and indeed depression, when they pop up my sleeping pattern either goes upside down or non existent, I would love a go to sleep switch. Its incredibly frustrating

How much sugar is in your daily diet?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In response to some interest in my sleeping arrangements I can confirm that I do not sleep alone. However if I am experiencing trouble nodding off, a discreet trip to the bathroom in the depths of night where, bent double over my flying fist, I find relief followed by deep sleep when I quietly slip back between the sheets. Sorted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It comes and goes and when I get it, I end up needing to sleep in the day, I just cancelled a 10 o clock meeting

I know what the causes are for me and it's not far from what you said, a suffer badly from anxiety stress and indeed depression, when they pop up my sleeping pattern either goes upside down or non existent, I would love a go to sleep switch. Its incredibly frustrating

Me too. I find that red wine helps, which is probably not the best.....I envy people who can switch off. I used to pick a lot of fights with people and rage against the unfairness and stipidity of everything, eventually finding sleep through the comfort of knowing I was right, but that has dwindled. I am now so anxious that I get back on the train most days to check I haven't left anything behind, even though I already checked. I have no idea what its all about, but I am nearly 60 and have been like a cat on a hot tin roof all my life. If there is any one thing to focus on, though, it is depression. Keep that at bay (gallows humour works for me) and you are half way there. Often I remind myself that life for many is a few decades of discomfort and diasppointmet followed by death. That always cheers me up. And dark music. Aside from the depression, the other thing I'd recommend is exercise and healthy eating. And moderating the vices (my smoking is now almost negligible - the days of 60 Marlborough are a distant puff of smoke). Take it easy, and my best wishes.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How much sugar is in your daily diet?

Probably not enough to be honest. I dont take any caffeine. Some of the meds I need to take could be worth reviewing, ironically that was what todays meeting/appointment was intended for which I moved

Really annoying, last night was the worst for ages and I ended up crashing at half ten am and slept all day, proper deep sleep as well until six. Not good. Not looking forward to tonight, it should be nearly bed time but not been up long

I cant take valium or diazepams neither

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here