Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Question for any satellite TV installers

Jul 7, 2003
I have an old Pace Sky box that I use as a freesat box in a spare room (have VM for main TV services). A few weeks ago it suddenly stopped working saying there was no signal. I checked the cabling and there was a kink in the cable coming in from outside so I have remade the connection and waterproofed it with self amalgamating tape. When I run the diagnostics, the system test shows that I have good signal strength etc but the box still tells me no signal received.

I have tried the various resets I have found online and also the software update. I have looked around the forums but can't see anyone else who has the no signal message but with signal being received.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The signal strength meter is only on one specific transponder (set of channels) - are you definitely getting no signal found on every channel?

Its not uncommon to lose either one polarity or one end (high/low) of the band due to water damage to the LNB. You could end up getting as little as a quarter of the potential bandwidth and still have a decent signal strength showing.

Jul 7, 2003
The signal strength meter is only on one specific transponder (set of channels) - are you definitely getting no signal found on every channel?

Its not uncommon to lose either one polarity or one end (high/low) of the band due to water damage to the LNB. You could end up getting as little as a quarter of the potential bandwidth and still have a decent signal strength showing.

Won't even load the EPG let alone allow me to try any channels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here