Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Chelski at home. Travel.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Coming over for the Chelsea home game and staying in the Gatwick area. Is it best to get a return rail ticket to Haywards Heath and use the travel in the match ticket, or if Sat trains are sketchy, drive down and use P&R?
Is it best to go via Lewes or Brighton?
Cheers

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would get the train and as you say just get a return Gatwick to HH. After the game don't rush off, have a pint on the concourse and wander down to the station after 30-45 minutes or so when the platforms will just about be cleared. Get the train times on your phone and see if its better to go via B'ton or Lewes based on the connections. Your match ticket will get you to HH either way.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I travel from Three Bridges (next stop from Gatwick) and get a ticket to Haywards Heath.

For Saturday games, I usually go via Brighton. Don't think there is any real advantage going via Lewes.

Not aware of any train issues , yet.

Just be aware though ,that the free travel is only valid 'til 2100. So if you are planning on staying out in Brighton, you will probably should get a ticket to Brighton.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Isn't the free travel for a set period before and after the game? Something like 4 hours each side of the match?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I travel from Three Bridges (next stop from Gatwick) and get a ticket to Haywards Heath.

For Saturday games, I usually go via Brighton. Don't think there is any real advantage going via Lewes.

Not aware of any train issues , yet.

Just be aware though ,that the free travel is only valid 'til 2100. So if you are planning on staying out in Brighton, you will probably should get a ticket to Brighton.

I would get the train and as you say just get a return Gatwick to HH. After the game don't rush off, have a pint on the concourse and wander down to the station after 30-45 minutes or so when the platforms will just about be cleared. Get the train times on your phone and see if its better to go via B'ton or Lewes based on the connections. Your match ticket will get you to HH either way.

Thanks for the help. Will take the train as suggested, although might have to join the masses straight after as I need to get back to Gatwick by 5pm.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Forgot to ask. Can you give me the app or the website for the train times? Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here