Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spare for Palace

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Does anyone have a spare for the game tonight preferably in the North Stand got an extra friend who wants to come and won’t let you purchase after noon today! Will obviously pay

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Does anyone have a spare for the game tonight preferably in the North Stand got an extra friend who wants to come and won’t let you purchase after noon today! Will obviously pay

How does facial recognition work then as this is in place tonight, if you bought a ticket off someone who is not obviously going now, does the club have a data bank of supporters photos ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How does facial recognition work then as this is in place tonight, if you bought a ticket off someone who is not obviously going now, does the club have a data bank of supporters photos ?

Facial recognition is being used to identify previous troublemakers is it not ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The holder of the ticket must have photo ID which matches the name on the ticket. We had to do the same for the first leg of the playoffs in 2013.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Surely it is just to stop people on bans entering the ground?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The holder of the ticket must have photo ID which matches the name on the ticket. We had to do the same for the first leg of the playoffs in 2013.

I think it applies to all supporters and they definitely haven't got my ugly mug....so they can identify people who vault the turnstiles...otherwise why would it be in the email to home supporters? :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

hmmm that might scupper my chances of getting in tonight, a season ticket friend got them for me and another fella, they are the seats his other season ticket buddies (not going tonight they can't make it) usually occupy and we used their names so we could sit together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it applies to all supporters and they definitely haven't got my ugly mug....so they can identify people who vault the turnstiles...otherwise why would it be in the email to home supporters? :shrug:

hmmm that might scupper my chances of getting in tonight, a season ticket friend got them for me and another fella, they are the seats his other season ticket buddies (not going tonight they can't make it) usually occupy and we used their names so we could sit together.

Only away fans isn't it ??

Crystal Palace fans attending the fixture at Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday are reminded that they must bring either their membership or season-ticket card with their match ticket and that the name on the season/membership card must also match the name on the ticket in order to gain entry.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/away-fans-brief-crystal-palace/

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only away fans isn't it ??

Crystal Palace fans attending the fixture at Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday are reminded that they must bring either their membership or season-ticket card with their match ticket and that the name on the season/membership card must also match the name on the ticket in order to gain entry.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/away-fans-brief-crystal-palace/

On the usual club email they said we must remove hats etc re facial recognition etc :shrug:

The section i refer to is below

Facial recognition will be in operation for this fixture at all turnstiles across the stadium. Supporters are requested to remove all hats, hoods and any items of clothing obscuring your face whilst passing through the turnstiles.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On the usual club email they said we must remove hats etc re facial recognition etc :shrug:

The section i refer to is below

Facial recognition will be in operation for this fixture at all turnstiles across the stadium. Supporters are requested to remove all hats, hoods and any items of clothing obscuring your face whilst passing through the turnstiles.

Don't they know how bloody cold it is out there. I'm going dressed like a bloody Eskimo, I apologise now to anyone stuck behind me in the queue while I remove all those items of clothing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't they know how bloody cold it is out there. I'm going dressed like a bloody Eskimo, I apologise now to anyone stuck behind me in the queue while I remove all those items of clothing.

Exactly how many hats do you wear at once???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Woolly hat, scarf, balaclava, hoodie and a snood. Plus I might do a Batshuayi and strap a hot water bottle to the side of my head too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's January, a Monday night and cold. I'm wearing my hat.
On a legal side of things though, I'm an old man who has always fought against having ID cards in this free country of ours. I do not carry any ID except my credit cards and ST. Under what circumstance can I be refused admission?
PS never been in trouble so not concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here