Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possibly Going To Stoke

el punal

As tickets are soon up for grabs for this game I'm giving this one a go. I must admit, although I've been to Port Vale for our promotion party in 2002, I've never been to the Britannia/Bet365 stadium. Any thoughts or suggestions on getting there (safely!). I intend travelling by train but I hear the station is two miles from the ground. Oh, are the pubs okay for visiting fans? Cheers ever so!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dire place I am afraid, ground on a hill always freezing cold.

We are doing taxi to shopping centre for lunch, taxi to the ground then bus back to the station.

Roughly two hours from Euston with Virgin Trains so a good journey

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As tickets are soon up for grabs for this game I'm giving this one a go. I must admit, although I've been to Port Vale for our promotion party in 2002, I've never been to the Britannia/Bet365 stadium. Any thoughts or suggestions on getting there (safely!). I intend travelling by train but I hear the station is two miles from the ground. Oh, are the pubs okay for visiting fans? Cheers ever so!

There's no queuing for P & R buses, or a wait for the train outside the ground or problem leaving the car park, there isn't any. But in truth by then you will so frigging cold you will want to curl up and die.

The coldest most depressing ground.

Enjoy

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Walk along the canal it will warm you up if going at a brisk pace as its bound to be freezing

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We always stay with friends so get the bus from Hanley bus station - they have buses running from near the station (but I have never caught them) the one from Hanley can be a little rough and I have always hidden any colours and kept quite. I imagine the ones from the station would have more Albion on them. The away end has a fence around it and you do get some Stoke fans hanging around, but the many times I have been I have never had any trouble.

This is from a website last year: On matchdays there are shuttle buses that depart every 15 minutes or so before kick off near the train station. To catch one of these, turn right after exiting the station and look for Glebe Street on the A500 near a Church – the queuing fans will be hard to miss.

The bus costs just £3.00 for adults, and £2.00 for concessions such as children, students and OAPs.

The return buses for after the game depart from behind the Sentinel stand which is the Eastern side of the stadium.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Id rather smother my balls in honey and put them in a nest of fire ants than go to stoke, a seriously depressing shithole.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stoke is a shit hole

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The ground is only convenient if you travel by car as it's not far from the M6. Aside from that......

The stadium is located by a district known as Mount Pleasant. They do irony in Stoke. There is also a Holiday Inn nearby to the stadium if you wish to make a weekend of it. :eek:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The ground is only convenient if you travel by car as it's not far from the M6. Aside from that......

The stadium is located by a district known as Mount Pleasant. They do irony in Stoke. There is also a Holiday Inn nearby to the stadium if you wish to make a weekend of it. :eek:
:lolol:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If you are getting a train then book it soon as Advance prices for the best times are going fast.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Two Stokes .jpeg
    Two Stokes .jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 176

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Alternatively you could go east and stay in Burton. Go up day before, pub crawl, start drinking again following day miss the train and stay in Burton. You know it makes sense.

el punal

Thanks for the comments boys and girls. When I went Burslem, back in 2002 for the Port Vale game, I thought it was a bit on the rough side. Blimey, even the pub I used had a sloping floor and I hadn't even started drinking! Still, another away day to tick off the list if nothing else.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ve always driven there, just park up on the same verges as the locals use. It’s generally quite an unfriendly place for outsiders (think Royston Vasey) so I’d avoid wearing colours, clean clothes or brushing your teeth (all dead give aways).

Enjoy.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Out of the five towns that make up Stoke on Trent: Hanley, Tunstall, Fenton, Longton and Burslem, the latter is pretty bad for deprevation, but Port Vale has one of my favorite away grounds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Victoria Stadium in Stoke was an old but homely type of ground and was replaced by The Britannia Stadium now called the Bet365 Stadium and what a dire stadium it is in the middle of nowhere on the A50 (I think it is) and as many have said always very cold with nothing nearby of note. I do not go to away games now but if I did ths is one I would miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here