Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Parking at the Amex on match days using a student parking permit

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Hi all,

I attend Brighton Uni and have a parking permit for use in the carparks. Im in all day on Monday so my car will be parked in top car park. As I'm also attending the match does my parking permit allow my car to stay where it is until the match is over?

I have had a little search but I'm not finding answers yet.

Jack

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My cousin was on a part time course there a couple of years back and used her permit to park for games.

Some of the buildings you walk past are occupied by staff/students into the evening so you'll be fine.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Stay off the beer then

0d52aa1c03758cfc2fa73fbf165626a7-drunk-driving-alcoholic-drinks.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure about Brighton uni but for Sussex uni car parks staff and students can park on match days just not in the paid for spaces. You should be OK.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Parking at UoB Falmer is fine with a valid Falmer permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was a bit of a bruhaha toward the end of last season when Uni staff and students were told not to use the top car park on one of the late season match days, as the club had an agreement to use it (questions as to why we couldn't use it as most people would be finished for the day before the match, or until lunch time were bandied around, some upset the club could use our car park, but we're never allowed to use theirs - not actually strictly true, but it has to be arranged separately).

There hasn't been a similar announcement so far this season (the bridge car park is always out of bounds for uni staff/students on match days). So it is probably ok, but the bottom car park is always available for uni people, even on match days, so if you want to be safe maybe use that one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here