Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone see the excellent ‘This Morning’ yesterday morning? A hot debate over whether saying ‘ladies first’ is sexist? Seems the majority thought it was, what are NSCs thoughts?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
No it’s not. It’s a basic courtesy. And we get to have to have a peak at their arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Men and women are different. Some people need to accept that. It’s pathetic.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Increasing number of ladies don’t acknowledge it these days........always used to get a ‘thank you’.

That's incredibly bad manners. I always say thank you. Feminism and sexism can take a running jump.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's incredibly bad manners. I always say thank you. Feminism and sexism can take a running jump.

Happens all the the time at work........particularly getting in and out of the lifts (I’m in a 42 storey building so tend to spend a lot of time in lifts). I’d guess maybe 30% acknowledge, the rest ignore even when it’s obvious. Younger women definitely worse.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
This is a continuation of the nonsense we get from feminists.Daily Mail online today had an article regards is it sexist for a man to ask his fiances father for her hand in marriage. I'm sure most feminist do not think it's sexist for a man to pay for everything.They are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This is a continuation of the nonsense we get from feminists.Daily Mail online today had an article regards is it sexist for a man to ask his fiances father for her hand in marriage. I'm sure most feminist do not think it's sexist for a man to pay for everything.They are the worst kind of hypocrites.

Well, it is rather- isn't it ?

Oh, Daily Mail.

Didn't realise your post was a wind up.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Outrageous. Im disgusted that people in this day & age would be so inconsiderate of other peoples perceptions

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Well, it is rather- isn't it ?

Oh, Daily Mail.

Didn't realise your post was a wind up.

It's just a bit of respect.Obviously if the dad said no it wouldn;t make any difference.Personally I consider it not so much sexist but very old fashioned.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Personally I think women should be treated totally equally and I meant totally in everything.I figure it will last 5 minutes before they start whining.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here