Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coutinho no longer a target for us Deal done £142m Barcelona

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Breaking news on BBC

Liverpool have agreed a £142m deal with Barcelona for Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho in what will be the second most expensive transfer of all time.

The fee will only be eclipsed by the £200m Paris St-Germain paid Barcelona for Neymar last summer.

Coutinho, 25, joined Liverpool from Inter Milan for £8.5m in January 2013.

The Reds are expected to receive £105m up front from Barcelona and the rest in realistic add ons.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Blast !

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Just another silly transfer to drag prices up and means the little guys like us will get nothing for 25m.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easily the most skilful player I have seen this season, I almost didn’t mind losing to Liverpool. I was transfixed by their quality going forward and particularly Coutinho. Glad I saw him live before he left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is everyone assuming the Albion won't put in a bid for him?

All we've got to do is wait till 31.01.18 when at 22.37 the club will start the ball rolling offering £1000 & a set of tracksuits.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Perhaps they'll panic and buy Carroll........oh they done that

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Easily the most skilful player I have seen this season, I almost didn’t mind losing to Liverpool. I was transfixed by their quality going forward and particularly Coutinho. Glad I saw him live before he left.

A young lad next to me said during our game that it was a shame he was playing and I said to him to enjoy watching him play as in years to come you can say you watched him at The Amex
Top Top player and a joy to watch him tear us apart that day

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Meanwhile my village teams game was delayed for 15 minutes while the players from both teams picked up broken glass from the pitch along with the odd dog turd , VAR was not used in this match as fook all happened when it did start .

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
A class act, a real joy to watch him play. I thought Liverpool would wait till after the WC and then milk Barcelona for another £50 million.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks to transfers like this all that money we got excited about because we were promoted will now buy one top player.We will really see the effect maybe more so in the summer if we survive with the money we will have to shell out for players.Whilst all the other small teams are in the same boat it will mean the few big teams will be further away from us as they seem to have unlimited money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here