Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday 2018

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What’s politics got to do with whether you view a country as safe or not? I’m with the others, I could get blown up or shot in numerous world locations by differing sets of nutters, or mown down by an ISIS truck in my home town, but chances are very slim.

I agree, politics has got absolutely nothing to do with it, l just mentioned it as an aside. You probably have more chance of tripping over an earwig and breaking your neck, as you have from being blown up, and that applies to any destination that you choose to visit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Booked the best part of a week in Cornwall in mid August, staying near St. Austell. (As a kid Cornwall was our holiday destination for many years, have only been back once since).

We've booked a long weekend in Liverpool to tie in with our game at Anfield. This will make the travelling far more pleasant. I enjoy checking out British cities and have enjoyed Liverpool in the past.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Booked the best part of a week in Cornwall in mid August, staying near St. Austell. (As a kid Cornwall was our holiday destination for many years, have only been back once since).

We've booked a long weekend in Liverpool to tie in with our game at Anfield. This will make the travelling far more pleasant. I enjoy checking out British cities and have enjoyed Liverpool in the past.

I have a lot of time for Liverpool.

Jan 30, 2008
when you go to countries like turkey you wouldn't even know there was any problems in the first place. It's so chilled. At the end of the day it's your call. It's a country i can only speak highly off.
great if you like walking back to your apartment with a pocket full of flyers from the front door staff who hassle you in the evenings . I mean one of them said to me I only want you to trust me , yep I was on holiday :angry:
regards
DR

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't understand why anyone would ever go to the states in the summer. When you have all the culture, sun, fun, women and parties in Europe.

The yanks have a good old laugh at the Brits going to Florida in the summer when the Floridians do everything in their power to get out of that nightmare in the off season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Back on topic: 2 weeks today I'll be in the air on the way to California for nearly three weeks.

As of now, all I have booked is 2 nights in Monterey. I need to get my arse into gear.
Don't forget to stop at Carmel, especially if you like golf. Walk on the beach and on the right is pebble peach golf course. Walk around town and you might bump into Clint Eastwood..

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I flew out of Gatwick this morning 2 hours late. We got as far as Newquay on our flight to St Lucia before it developed hydraulic problems. Then spent 2 hours burning fuel before we landed back at a rainy Gatwick. Flight postponed until tomorrow. A day of holiday lost.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a lot of time for Liverpool.

We/I have had a great time there on every visit. As with many trips around Britain over the years in other locations, I really like the locals. This time we’ll explore the seafront, might do a stadium tour and find a nice bar or two.

Changing direction, would you recommend Berlin and other german cities for breaks? Again, I have a lot of time for germans from my many ski trips to The Alps, and the Austrians are great company too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't understand why anyone would ever go to the states in the summer. When you have all the culture, sun, fun, women and parties in Europe.

The yanks have a good old laugh at the Brits going to Florida in the summer when the Floridians do everything in their power to get out of that nightmare in the off season.

Rubbish. Florida is great fun, and there's a HELL of a lot more to the USA than that particular state. New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Vegas, all fantastic places to visit in the summer. Its the country that has everything. I just love exploring new cities, whether its in Europe or over there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I flew out of Gatwick this morning 2 hours late. We got as far as Newquay on our flight to St Lucia before it developed hydraulic problems. Then spent 2 hours burning fuel before we landed back at a rainy Gatwick. Flight postponed until tomorrow. A day of holiday lost.

Bad luck our flight same morning to Puerto Vallarta was all to schedule just missing 6 hours so flagging a bit..............

Jul 7, 2003

For us, it was much cheaper to come to NYC for 5 days in a decent hotel than a week somewhere very average around the Med. Bit to old for Shagaluf these days and don’t think Mrs DCH would be to keen either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here