Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk, Stephens and Propper...

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Have played every minute of the Premier League Season to date (loving the SSN stats today)

To put that in context, there have only been 8 in total across the entire league to have played every minute and we’ve got 3 of them!

What does that say about our squad? Not enough strength in depth or just three quality players? I tend to be in the latter camp albeit I thought that Davy looked out on his feet at the end of the Bournemouth match and sorely in need of a rest.

Wouldn’t expect to see any of them starting on Monday.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Yes sorry - that’s outfield players..

Others are

Cork, Zanka, Maguire, Mawson and Bellerin...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
it says different things to different people about the different roles in the team To me we have a weak central midfield caused by injuries and we have an exceptional centre back.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
it says different things to different people about the different roles in the team To me we have a weak central midfield caused by injuries and we have an exceptional centre back.

Or a very strong core - because bar a one match suspension, Duffy would also have been on that list. I think that keeping these 4 players fit and suspension free is absolutely key to our survival chances. Albeit somebody to put it away at the other end on a regular basis would be good.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Have played every minute of the Premier League Season to date (loving the SSN stats today)

To put that in context, there have only been 8 in total across the entire league to have played every minute and we’ve got 3 of them!

What does that say about our squad? Not enough strength in depth or just three quality players? I tend to be in the latter camp albeit I thought that Davy looked out on his feet at the end of the Bournemouth match and sorely in need of a rest.

Wouldn’t expect to see any of them starting on Monday.

I genuinely find it staggering that Stephens and Propper and have played every single minute.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I genuinely find it staggering that Stephens and Propper and have played every single minute.

Why? Consistency of selection is our main strength over the last couple of seasons, we have relationships all over the pitch.

Just don't tell their wieves.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What this means is that for every minute of every game we've had four defenders and the same two holding, non-scoring midfielders. This underlines why we lack goals but have a tight defence.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Or a very strong core - because bar a one match suspension, Duffy would also have been on that list.

He wouldn't - not quite.

He came off injured for the last few minutes of the Everton(?) match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Kayal has played very well in the games he has been called upon, and I think better suited to the premier league, would not worry at all about him playing at all.

Still want Delaney from Bremen though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From now to the rest of the season Propper can do no wrong.

[tweet]947832308551254017[/tweet]

I want to see him play every minute, and do more of this, which could be tricky.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In the case of Stephens and Propper it says to me that of the two squad players we could have used for rotation one was (and still is) injured and the other was only just coming back from injury.

According to the Argus Sidwell is back in training

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here