Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is reaching the Premier League all you hoped it would be?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Just wondered what people’s thoughts were?
Just over halfway through our first PL season - how’s it feeling?

Me? It’s been some of the most exciting times since the early 80’s but I’m strangely finding myself at times hankering for the days when you could just turn up at somewhere like Exeter away and get in.
I’ve loved the journey getting to the PL and this season we have done so much better so far than I thought we might.
But if we ever end up going down it won’t be the end of the world by any means.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's alright I suppose

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The money and excess are what’s ruining it for me, and the away tickets I have to get up at 9am sharp to buy a ticket now not just decided up to a week before. The trips to big clubs have just showed how sterile and lack of atmosphere there is in this league which has tarnished it for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The game has been ruined by money. So no, I’m not enjoying it which is a shame.

How did you feel when we stuffed West Brom 3-1 for our first win of the season? Or went to West Ham and completely mullered them on their own patch ? Or when we went to Old Trafford and turned in one of the best away performances we had any right to expect ? Sorry, but I don't really buy into this "the game has been ruined by money" mantra. After the journey we've been on, there is an inherent thrill and joy at seeing BHAFC competing at the very highest level, against the best teams in the country, in a magnificent stadium, in front of a packed house week-in, week out.

If you're honestly NOT enjoying that, then maybe you should take up...I dunno....metal detecting or something.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I’m enjoying being in the PL but it’s different as we are one of the favourites for the drop and points are harder to come by. Some brilliant moments the 1st goal, 1st win ect. Biggest thrill of all is actually little old brighton just being there.
Not sure anything will beat the high of actually getting to the PLthough. Last seasons johrney was special

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I love it, but purely due to being able to watch every match live (from abroad).

More football to watch is always a good thing for me.

Results-wise, doing decent enough. I personally won't care too much whether we stay up or go down. I'll enjoy it all the same.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is worthless without a poll.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
How did you feel when we stuffed West Brom 3-1 for our first win of the season? Or went to West Ham and completely mullered them on their own patch ? Or when we went to Old Trafford and turned in one of the best away performances we had any right to expect ? Sorry, but I don't really buy into this "the game has been ruined by money" mantra. After the journey we've been on, there is an inherent thrill and joy at seeing BHAFC competing at the very highest level, against the best teams in the country, in a magnificent stadium, in front of a packed house week-in, week out.

If you're honestly NOT enjoying that, then maybe you should take up metal detecting or something.

I’m gonna give myself up here to an old colleague but for me it was the dream. The dream that one day little old brighton who had been screwed over, who had no home and played at the ‘stadium’ I did my school sports day at would one day make it back into the big time with the big boys. The dream was for me, everything. I have enjoyed the ride believe me, the stadium becoming a reality, Buckley in the 97th etc but I’ve just about had it and it’s been on the cards for a while with the money involved in the game. £75 million for VVD, a central defender...

I do enjoy your posts by the way, genuinely.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm really enjoying it but have been shocked how passionless and apathetic crowds like Man U's, Spurs. Leicester, Swansea and Arsenal's are. It is like a library
in places that I'd imagined would be cauldrons. The fans seem to be completely indifferent.

Also shocked by the sh*t away end catering everywhere - worse than most Championship clubs. No space and
like a hell-hole in many cases. Man U springs to mind.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm loving the intensity of the challenge and seeing our best players being tested against the best. And the real scrap hasn't even started yet.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Enjoying it from over here, doesn't get anywhere near the experience of actually going to games, but it is what it is.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thoroughly enjoying it - though like the poster above, I've been shocked at the passionless atmosphere at some of the grounds.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I am really enjoying it, every game feels like a big game, thing that has suprised me though is i think i look forward to the games against teams in and around us more than against the top 6 or so.....thwy almost feel like cup games and then it's back to our own mini league.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sometimes the journey is better than the destination, but I think most of us knew that.

The first season was always going to be tough and unforgiving, but if one day we win the Fa cup or somehow get into Europe, it will all be worth it.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
This about the 500th time this topic has come up in the last few months and my answer is still the same - yeah, brilliant. Don't want to be anywhere else and frankly I cannot understand anyone who says otherwise. Yes I accept that after a few seasons the experience may pall (especially if every season is a struggle), but we're only half way through the first one!

I would like to ask those who say it isn't what they hoped it would be (which is the way the question has been phrased this time), well what did you hope it would be like? What, realistically did you hope would be different?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's way better than I thought it would be - as I expected a Hyypia type season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here