Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] For those that enjoy a drop of wine.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The LBG household no doubt like many enjoy a drop of the white stuff and over the last thirty odd years Australia has delivered some decent wines,close onto their tails New/Z is gaining ground and apart from Sauvignon which flows well (in our house) just how good and decent is N/Z wine ? :facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't do white, but I highly recommend this

68137b.png

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I much prefer NZ Marlborough to any Ozzy Sav I’ve had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ned and Villa Maria our favourites chez DiS.

We first had Villa Maria as the main white at our daughter's wedding some 10 years ago. Everybody loved it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cloudy Bay

I have a story about that. Le Maison quatre saisons. 1996. A group of ten of us had some money to burn. So we hired a driver out and back, and got through 17 bottles at lunchtime (with the meal - we are not ****ing animals, obviously). That was when it was decent (its a bit meh now). I don't have a clue how I got home :lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ned and Villa Maria our favourites chez DiS.

We first had Villa Maria as the main white at our daughter's wedding some 10 years ago. Everybody loved it.

VM is better than Ned by a long way IMO.

Slight curve ball is Mudhouse , but not the white but the Rose.

Doesn’t taste like a traditional rose or a Cotes de Provence and nothing like a crappy Zinfandel.

It’s well worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
As said Villa Maria is pretty damn good, the Sauvignon blanc is great. Personally always preferred NZ to Aussie wines. Austria also do some lovely wines.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We go in holiday to Catalunya every year and partake in a local Catalan Rioja or 2. We bring a few home in the car and yet it never tastes the same in the UK. Must be the air in Spain..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
English wine is getting better and the French are buying land in England to plant vines I think it my be down to global warming.:whistle::facepalm:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Australian wine should only ever be used to clean SUBMARINES. Another vote for NZ Marlborough here

white maybe. Red wise, they had an overproduction glutt for many years were the majority of their wine was pretty poor, but now there are some fine reds coming out again. A good quality Cab Sauv. from the Margaret River region is most acceptable chez Rob.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
We are great fans of NZ wines, particularly those from the Marlborough region. As already mentioned Cloudy Bay, Villa Maria & Ned are all good. Another very good one - it's not easy to source- is Moutere Hills. We visited the vineyard a few years ago and were very imp.ressed. The guy who runs it originally came from Steyning

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Kevin Judd is the vintner behind Cloudy Bay. He left in 2010-ish and set up Greywacke (named after the local soil type I think).

If you like NZ whites but can't run to Cloudy Bay prices, look him out. The wine is stunning.

named after the sandstone bedrock found throughout the Marlborough region.

Kevin is a relation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here