Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Death in Paradise, new series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So now we have Ardal O'Hanlon taking over the reins permanently as the main investigator in this long running series. Is it just me that is thinking " Ted, Ted ! there's an awful lot of dead people out here ?"

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So now we have Ardal O'Hanlon taking over the reins permanently as the main investigator in this long running series. Is it just me that is thinking " Ted, Ted ! there's an awful lot of dead people out here ?"

It's not just you - poor casting. Not a patch on either of his predecessors.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

ill give it a go , got.to say i preferred.the original cast

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I have to say though - I never get the person who dunnit, if you see what I mean.

In contrast to the Roald Dahl: "Tales of more or less what I expected" from the 70's which seems
to be on tv with alarming regularity. Now that is sh*te.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of the most Ham acting on tv at the moment. Unwatchable for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This has always just been an excuse for half the BBC drama department to bugger off to the Caribbean every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Harmless light drama. Not really any worse than most TV shows these days - in fact probably better than a lot of today's TV dross.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What is this, the fourth incarnation of St Marie's only police inspector? Be catching up with The Doctor soon & going all feminist on us :lolol:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
It lost me, when Sara Martins left. <sigh>

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/exc...dously-hard-to-leave-death-in-paradise-71830/ SaraMartin.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought Kris Marshall was best.

To be honest the side show of Dwayne etc is funnier, that jail on St Marie must be overflowing with murderers now

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I really enjoy it still tbh. Lighthearted, good looking, fun - at a time of year when its all grey & miserable outside. I dont think it really matters who the lead DI is, its the backdrop, the other characters, & general feel of the show that does it for me....oh, & Josephine Jobert of course *swoon*.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thought Kris Marshall was best.

To be honest the side show of Dwayne etc is funnier, that jail on St Marie must be overflowing with murderers now
Then again, whenever I see Dwayne I think of his role as Cat on Red Dwarf, and specifically that episode when he turned into Dwayne Dibbley.

Agree with Ardal O'Hanlon being a poor choice. Great comedy actor, but absolutely shit at this - very wooden. The previous two were both MILES better.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think its fine - a nice escape to a sunny place, a plot that's easy to follow without having to think too much. The quality of the acting is irrelevant really - its all pretty lame, but who cares? Having lived on a similar Caribbean island for several years in the 90s/00s it takes me back too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here