Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Proper Darts

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Everyone else looking forward to the proper darts starting this weekend at Frimley Green? The Lakeside will be absolutely rocking!

Looks wide open for me, expecting a big performance from ‘The Boss’ Ross Montgomery and ‘’Big Robbo’ Gary Robson, if they play their A games they will take some beating but the magic of the Lakeside stage is it can reduce legends to mere mortals and make humans into super humans.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Everyone else looking forward to the proper darts starting this weekend at Frimley Green? The Lakeside will be absolutely rocking!

Looks wide open for me, expecting a big performance from ‘The Boss’ Ross Montgomery and ‘’Big Robbo’ Gary Robson, if they play their A games they will take some beating but the magic of the Lakeside stage is it can reduce legends to mere mortals and make humans into super humans.

We need a Sweepstake

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I like the darts at the Lakeside, but failure to move with the times means the BDO is now a very poor version of the PDC, with a few players being the exception, but the players that are any good, and have a good run in the BDO Championship will join the PDC circuit in February anyway. ��

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Have been a few times in years past, as it is just down the road from here. However, the last time felt a bit sad. The audience were all ushered towards tables within camera range to make it look full when it was anything but. The ceiling was covered in cobwebs. The gents looked like an explosion in a piss factory and the darts? Ooh, the darts! Even I could have won a leg or two and I'm total turnip with the arrows.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Missed going to last years BDO but agree last few years has seen decline in darts and venue. Sad. Maybe due to my age will always have more affection for this one and always found the crowds more darts knowledgeable, friendlier and more fun. Not so keen on many of the PDC and fans being so condescending, bit like premier league clubs belittling Div 1.
Last week at PDC had a slightly surreal experience of attending sober (driving job early next morning but couldn't say no to a freebie), watching great darts and seeing huge amount of fans having no idea who they are watching, or keeping up with the games, or knowing when the night had finished. Some great fancy dress though - not sure any of the younger fans there knew what Hi-De-Hi was mind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
does the bloke who used to model himself on dracula still play...?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
thud thud thud - 26

thud thud thud - 41

thud thud thud - 60

thud thud thud - 22

Yes, very much looking forward to it crodo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here