Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why don’t Arsenal have animated advertising boards ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ours didn’t bother me at first, but the last few games the constant flashing adverts are distracting me from WSU a bit.

I thought they were the norm but watching the Arsenal game theirs seemed to be static or at least not flashing / animated. Why is that?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ours didn’t bother me at first, but the last few games the constant flashing adverts are distracting me from WSU a bit.

I thought they were the norm but watching the Arsenal game theirs seemed to be static or at least not flashing / animated. Why is that?

I doubt there are stringent PL rules about whether you have static or flashing adverts. More likely a commercial/club decision.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to an elderly relative over Chjristmas he said that he cannot watch any games from The Amex as the advertising is too bright. Not sure if he is the only person but at night games I find them very bright and distracting.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I dislike the moving ads. As others have mentioned, they can be distracting when the play is nearby.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I reckon because they are far more interested in attracting tourists to the Emirates and selling their merchandise abroad. Where other grounds have advertising, they have the names of all their worldwide fan clubs. What do you reckon on the likelihood of the fans having to pay for the privilege and the club being of the opinion that it's more lucrative focusing on their brand than advertising gambling sites to the Chinese?

Edit - that doesn't explain the static pitch side adverts though. Maybe because the lower tier of the Emirates is below pitch level and dynamic adverts would interfere with spectator views of the game.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Talking to an elderly relative over Chjristmas he said that he cannot watch any games from The Amex as the advertising is too bright. Not sure if he is the only person but at night games I find them very bright and distracting.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ben, I am your grandfather :cool:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I do think moving ads is a step too far. Obviously they are trying to take your attention away from the game - but I don't think there should be such distractions at a football match as we've paid our money to watch the football. I've learned to ignore them now, but they were pretty annoying initially.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do think moving ads is a step too far. Obviously they are trying to take your attention away from the game - but I don't think there should be such distractions at a football match as we've paid our money to watch the football. I've learned to ignore them now, but they were pretty annoying initially.

An answer would be to stop them moving once each half starts.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just sit in the East stand as the there aren't animated boards on the West stand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jees - try stopping looking at the advertising boards and watch the bloody game.

Bit difficult when one of them is a bouncing ball !!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I can't remember what company it's advertising ( oh the irony ) but the last few Newcastle games I've watched has a flashing black and white checkered and stripey diagonal design and it is very off putting.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Virgin media who sponsor the Southampton shirt don't have their logo on the back boards that the players and manager do their interviews in front of. All other clubs have their shirt sponsors logo on view.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why doesn't Old Trafford have big screens?

There simply isn't anywhere to put one without reducing the capacity.

When it was re-built those screens didn't exist and the motivation was to pack as many in as possible.

The ground is really in need of a re-fit but the owners don't seem to want to invest in the infrastructure. Since the capacity will be reduced soon by new disabled areas (they are behind us in that regard) I can't see the owners putting a TV in at the expense of seats.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hardly notice the moving screens now. When they were first introduced I found them too bright and distracting but I seem to have got used to them now, or the club adjusted the brightness.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes when watching play on the east side the moving dogs are off putting but other than that I dont really take much notice. It is just the brightness sometimes make it difficult to pick out the ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here