Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This time last year

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's largely irrelevant I know but I can't help looking at stuff like this.

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 00.02.05.png

From here...

Palace picked up 25 in 16.
Swansea picked up 23 in 16.
Leicester picked up 23 in 16.
Hull picked up 18 in 16.
Middlesbrough picked up 8 in 16.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Not entirely irrelevant as using last season as a proxy for this that we're in the mix with more teams who could potentially go down than last year. The points spread between bottom and us in 12 is lower which suggests it's more of a lottery with teams able to beat each other and dent one another's hopes of a comfortable season.

I expect the magic number to be c35-37 this season. Here's hoping we have enough.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i had to look at that hard a couple of times, was going to ask why you'd removed Brighton.... :facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So if we only do as well as Hull did last season we'll have 40 points. I'd be happy with that.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Was about this time last year we beat QPR at home on 27th Dec - very good game, though beating Massive a month later far more fun

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So if we only do as well as Hull did last season we'll have 40 points. I'd be happy with that.

Stoke picked up 16 in their last 16 (perhaps the start of the slide they are still on). Four wins, four draws and 8 defeats. Again, this would do us...

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 01.08.54.png

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why all the doom and gloom, I'd have taken this position at the start of the season, played 22 with 23 points, on target to hit 40 points (39.72), in fact if I was offered 38 today I'd take it, wouldn't you? 15-17 points from 16 games, come on, cheer up chaps and jump on the positive bus, it's lovely!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why all the doom and gloom, I'd have taken this position at the start of the season, played 22 with 23 points, on target to hit 40 points (39.72), in fact if I was offered 38 today I'd take it, wouldn't you? 15-17 points from 16 games, come on, cheer up chaps and jump on the positive bus, it's lovely!

Yes it is :wave:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I see too many comparisons between us and Middlesboro to feel comfortable. They were relatively effective defensively but couldn't score enough goals and their points total and goal difference was not too far off ours at this stage of last season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I see too many comparisons between us and Middlesboro to feel comfortable. They were relatively effective defensively but couldn't score enough goals and their points total and goal difference was not too far off ours at this stage of last season.

this for me.

If we don't sign attacking options then I think it will be us that goes.

January could change all that though.

Ideally with at least 1 in by West Brom !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here