Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andy Murray faces surgery.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well that is what's being reported and surely history tells us anything such as joints the recovery process is a long one. Yes he has had his critics but beating Djokovic to pick up his first Wimbledon title was a great occasion. :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Two Wimbledon titles,not to be sneezed at. Personality well Pistol Pete was not a barrel of laughs !

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The greatest British tennis player of all time. I hope his surgery is successful.

If he doesn't come back as the same player, he's had a great career.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Thank feck for that, a real post on Murray, not like the crap I posted :wink:

well it made me chuckle

FWIW good luck to Murray the tennis player, patriotic, nothing wrong with that and falsely accused on the wrongly named BBC hype as a 'personality' he has been an amazing athlete. I think his days are numbered now near the top, I never thought he would get to no1. Yeah the timing was good and other players not at their peak but feck he worked for it

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Charisma bypass?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst having sympathy for any sportsperson suffering long term injury, Murray has, to some extent, brought this on himself. He was clearly playing through injury at Wimbledon and took a gamble. After three sets played, it was clear to everybody that he was not fit to continue. He should have retired at that point of the match and would have bowed out with head held high. To struggle on for another two sets, virtually immobile and wracked in pain was incredibly ill-advised and ultimately career threatening. He clearly couldn't have played his next match, even if he had got through, so whatever possessed him to try and continue, completely baffles me. It was one of the most stupid and personally irresponsible actions I have ever seen from an athlete.
I would have retained a lot more respect for him to have retired when he was clearly injured. Those last two painful sets were an embarrassment and he made himself look utterly stupid.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
GUEST_6532213180_1303849477.gif

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Whilst having sympathy for any sportsperson suffering long term injury, Murray has, to some extent, brought this on himself. He was clearly playing through injury at Wimbledon and took a gamble. After three sets played, it was clear to everybody that he was not fit to continue. He should have retired at that point of the match and would have bowed out with head held high. To struggle on for another two sets, virtually immobile and wracked in pain was incredibly ill-advised and ultimately career threatening. He clearly couldn't have played his next match, even if he had got through, so whatever possessed him to try and continue, completely baffles me. It was one of the most stupid and personally irresponsible actions I have ever seen from an athlete.
I would have retained a lot more respect for him to have retired when he was clearly injured. Those last two painful sets were an embarrassment and he made himself look utterly stupid.

An unnecessarily harsh judgement, in my humble opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here