Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] McMafia

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2nd episode on tonight. Quite enjoyed the first episode. Who’s watching?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
2nd episode on tonight. Quite enjoyed the first episode. Who’s watching?
I will, last night's opener was very good. I'll never look at a caviar knife the same again (I've never seen one and probably won't in the future).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good potential what day will it normally be on as back to back episodes

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
:lolol:

I am still not sure why it's called McMafia, maybe the jock mob show up tonight :)

It’s based on true stories in a crime book of the same name by Misha Glenny. The name was actually inspired by a group of Chechen gangsters who built a crime syndicate through a franchise system similar to that employed by McDonalds (the franchise system was similar I’m not suggesting Ronald McDonald is head of some global crime organisation)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It’s based on true stories in a crime book of the same name by Misha Glenny. The name was actually inspired by a group of Chechen gangsters who built a crime syndicate through a franchise system similar to that employed by McDonalds (the franchise system was similar I’m not suggesting Ronald McDonald is head of some global crime organisation)

Thanks for the info.
In one scene McDonalds and Burger King was mentioned.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Needs a bit more snatch

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I always preferred Burger King, so was dissatisfied with the explanation in episode one.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
James Norton is a great actor. Not liking the subtitles but understand they need to be there.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Now watched the first two episodes and really enjoying it. Have to watch carefully, so many characters based all round the world!!!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Really enjoyed it, my sort of programme. Luckily I had read the pre-amble about the show so knew what it was about. It did seem to skip over what Alex Godman did regarding his company. The scene in his office with the emails could have been better explained.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All still watching? Getting more menacing by the episode, loving it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Five episodes in and it's still gripping, I recommend it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here