Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Petition to remove The Complete And Utter Shyster from the Premier League

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Case 12387 ,

First up today is the Micheal Deans a Cvnt petition .

All those in favour

giphy.gif

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Hopefully they will use the likes of Mark Halsey Graham Poll etc. as the VAR refs rather bthan ones still officiating.

If they give it to retired refs, what happens when he retires?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
VAR would sort out his shortcomings as with others nearly as bad..

How, given that VARs and other match officials are able to recommend reviews, but the only person who can initiate one is the referee, who will then have the final say on whether their original decision should stand or be changed.

Therefore I would suspect that if Mike Dean made the original call he will either not initiate a review or after looking at the replay will stand by his original decision

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Continuing the Mike Dean theme.

Ref Watch: The Complete And Utter Shyster criticism has been merciless, says Dermot Gallagher.

Dermot Gallagher is back to review the biggest decisions from over the New Year period, and says criticism of The Complete And Utter Shyster has been merciless.

Dermot fairly tackled the biggest calls taken by referees over the busy period, and defended Dean for what the Sky Sports News guest admitted was a mistake in handing West Brom a late penalty in their draw against Arsenal.

Wenger anger over Chambers handball

West Brom 1-1 Arsenal, New Year's Eve

INCIDENT: Calum Chambers is penalised for a harsh handball decision in the penalty area in the closing stages of Arsenal's 1-1 draw at West Brom. Jay Rodriguez equalised from the spot, and then came*some strong criticism from Arsene Wenger against The Complete And Utter Shyster.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I actually think enough has been said about this, and the referee has suffered enough from what has been said in the newspapers. It's not a penalty, you know it isn't, I know it isn't, I think everyone knows this now, including the referee, so I'd rather just move on.

In defence of The Complete And Utter Shyster - and I say in his defence because I think he's been a bit battered in recent days, and a bit unmercifully I think if you look at that from The Complete And Utter Shyster's view, down the barrel, he thought Chambers' arm came up, and that's what he went on.

More on Dermot Gallaghers views on The Complete And Utter Shyster

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't want him kicked out. Want him to come here first.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ref Watch: The Complete And Utter Shyster criticism has been merciless, says Dermot Gallagher.

Dermot Gallagher is back to review the biggest decisions from over the New Year period, and says criticism of The Complete And Utter Shyster has been merciless.

Dermot fairly tackled the biggest calls taken by referees over the busy period, and defended Dean for what the Sky Sports News guest admitted was a mistake in handing West Brom a late penalty in their draw against Arsenal.

Wenger anger over Chambers handball

West Brom 1-1 Arsenal, New Year's Eve

INCIDENT: Calum Chambers is penalised for a harsh handball decision in the penalty area in the closing stages of Arsenal's 1-1 draw at West Brom. Jay Rodriguez equalised from the spot, and then came*some strong criticism from Arsene Wenger against The Complete And Utter Shyster.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: I actually think enough has been said about this, and the referee has suffered enough from what has been said in the newspapers. It's not a penalty, you know it isn't, I know it isn't, I think everyone knows this now, including the referee, so I'd rather just move on.

In defence of The Complete And Utter Shyster - and I say in his defence because I think he's been a bit battered in recent days, and a bit unmercifully I think if you look at that from The Complete And Utter Shyster's view, down the barrel, he thought Chambers' arm came up, and that's what he went on.

More on Dermot Gallaghers views on The Complete And Utter Shyster

One thing I will say, nobody would still be talking about this if he'd given Arsenal the penalty to make it 1-1. Nobody.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
One thing I will say, nobody would still be talking about this if he'd given Arsenal the penalty to make it 1-1. Nobody.

I'd thought it was quite amusing to see how many Mike Dean quotes, I could get in that Sky article on Dermot Gallaghers views on Mike Dean.
Keeping the Mike Dean ridicule going :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here