Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion win 'Programme of the Year' award

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Albion's 2017/18 programme has won 'Programme of the Year' for the Premier League, awarded by Programme Monthly & Football Collectable magazine.

Joint second were West Bromwich Albion & Stoke City

It's a huge tribute to the work by the programme team, in the face of the massive challenges of producing unique content week in, week out.

Great stuff.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is impressive. I must confess whilst I still get a programme I rarely read it cover to cover but its clearly well put together.

I guess less and less people buy the programme now? Is there a digital version available?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion's 2017/18 programme has won 'Programme of the Year' for the Premier League, awarded by Programme Monthly & Football Collectable magazine.

It's a huge tribute to the work by the programme team, in the face of the massive challenges of producing unique content week in, week out.

Great stuff.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brilliant news!

It is an excellent read, well done to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haven't bought one since 2011, they we pretty good back then but I never found myself reading it and just thought it was a bit of a waste of money. Not sure how it can be programme of the year for the Prem, seeing as we only joined the party in August. But having been a programme writer/collator/dogsbody in non league footy (and won a similar award for non league) I can fully understand the pressures for new copy. Well done all concerned.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's great looking. The covers are particularly classy this season.

I'd rather it was £2 and half the size, personally. Would probably buy it every match rather than a few times a season.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Haven't bought one since 2011, they we pretty good back then but I never found myself reading it and just thought it was a bit of a waste of money. Not sure how it can be programme of the year for the Prem, seeing as we only joined the party in August. But having been a programme writer/collator/dogsbody in non league footy (and won a similar award for non league) I can fully understand the pressures for new copy. Well done all concerned.

More accurately, it's the divisional programme of the year for 2017/18.

Most clubs in the Premier League issue 'perfect bound' programmes. Ourselves, Bournemouth,Spurs, Watford & West Ham go to 100 pages, with all priced at £3.50. Burnley charge £3 for their 88-pager. Chelsea also charge £3 but you only get 76 pages from them. West Brom is £3.50 for 68 pages. The most expensive is Southampton, who charge £4 for their 84 pages.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Don't think i've actually read them much this season - although i have bought every single one - simply as it is a lovely thing to have on the bookcase and also as it's the first time I've seen Brighton in the top flight (and it could after all be the only time if we got relegated)... Could be worth something in 30 years when we are Champions of Europe (or is that just the Mighty 'Dirty' Leeds United????

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Only half way through yesterday’s programme- plenty to read. Some of the offerings from other clubs have been very poor though esp Watford and the oddly shaped Man U issue which sticks out awkwardly from my rather neat collection.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Like the Premier League it’s completely over the top (nice and glossy but isn’t worth all the bells and whistles). Oh to get back to basics when supporting your local team didn’t take up such a big chunk of your disposable income.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is there a digital version available?

There is a digital version (as evidenced by the pdfs that the club has now made available on the official site for previous seasons), but it isn't "available" in the sense of this season's programmes being made viewable this season. Which, when you live 5,000 miles away, is somewhat inconvenient.

Despite living abroad for 15 years now I have continued to subscribe to the programme, and I have religiously collected 12 months worth of editions when I visit the UK. However, it has become an increasing hassle as there are usually programmes missing when I attempt to pick them up from the Amex club shop. So, this will be the last season that I contribute £70 to club funds. In this day and age, if the club forces me to wait months to see a product that could be made available online instantly, then I might as well wait until the club makes them available for free.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Must admit the award is well deserved.

The only improvement that can possibley be made is to reduce the size (not number of pages) so that the programme fits comfortably in a coat pocket (especially the pockets in the coats sold in the clubs supestore!).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A fantastic to all involved, brilliant.
It doesn't matter about the size, every program I have has the match tickets stapled inside, apart from one.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As most of us return to work today it is worth imagining when the programme team got going again. My guess is Boxing Day.. Well done to the whole editorial, design and production teams.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
As most of us return to work today it is worth imagining when the programme team got going again. My guess is Boxing Day.. Well done to the whole editorial, design and production teams.

They didn't have much time off over Christmas, with interviews and features to write. December saw FOUR programmes written, designed and sent to print. Even though it gets printed this week, the Palace programme had to be largely done by the end of the month.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I would have preferred it if the other two were Man City and Chelsea, rather than two hot faves for relegation. FFS. :facepalm:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's a good programme, BUT .... I find I read less of it than I used to. The stuff from Hughton and Barber is pretty much the same thing rehashed game after game; the features on the players don't tell us a lot we don't already know; as for the pages on the wimmin's team .... ; the historic stuff is good; the kids bit is of no interest to most adults.

I still buy it because I have bought (and kept) a programme from every game I've been to since the early 60s, but I am beginning to question whether there is a point in continuing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here