Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is slower -Groß, Hemed or Murray?

Who is slower?

• Groß

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Hemed

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Murray

Votes: 70 68.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was just considering whether we have the slowest attacking two in the league when it occurred to me I don't know that there is much between them. I'm actually considering Murray to be slightly quicker than Groß?

Do we have any footage of the two running side by side?

Edit: Now added Hemed to the equation as I I think he is deceptively slow as well as suggested by Papa!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As asked on t'other Gross thread:-

For a player who isn't 'fleet of foot' (to put it politely) how come he's every-freakin-where on the pitch?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do we have any footage of the two running side by side?

snail-race.jpg

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't think Pascal is actually THAT slow? Not quick, but he doesn't even really need to be. But he has an extremely high average speed, is constantly on the move, just doesn't have rapid acceleration.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good question, but how are we judging speed? For example, I would say Hemed is the most agile of the three and therefore quicker in tight situations and turns, but over 50 metres he is very slow. Gross is slow off the mark but I'd back him to win a 10k race against the others.

Okay good point. I guess I am talking about it's relevance to an attacking situation, so therefore speed over 10-30 metres.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Murray's 4 years older than Hemed and 8 years older that Gross, bound to have an impact on result too.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't think Pascal is actually THAT slow? Not quick, but he doesn't even really need to be. But he has an extremely high average speed, is constantly on the move, just doesn't have rapid acceleration.

yes..... I think you probably are.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Murray's 4 years older than Hemed and 8 years older that Gross, bound to have an impact on result too.

I actually think Murray may still be faster than Hemed, but he realises he is still slow so doesn't try and beat players. Hemed seems to think he is quicker than he is, often trying to beat a player for pace Messi like, when he has absolutely no chance.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In order of fastest to slowest, I would say:

1. Gross
2. Hemed
3. Murray

I would love to see Izquierdo's big chance/miss from yesterday replayed with each of our three contenders picking up the ball instead just to see how many Bournemouth players would have overtaken them before they made it to the penalty area.

I would love to see Izquierdo's hold the ball up on his own when he's got 2 or 3 player's around him, shrug them off and bring others in.

Horses for courses.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In order of fastest to slowest, I would say:

I would love to see Izquierdo's big chance/miss from yesterday replayed with each of our three contenders picking up the ball instead just to see how many Bournemouth players would have overtaken them before they made it to the penalty area.

I may review the footage from yesterday and see if we can see the three contenders starting positions against where they ended up. Propper was the only one anywhere near Izquierdo though, so suspect our chasing pack may be out of shot!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Murray would beat anybody over the length of a football pitch if you put one of these at the other end of the pitch .

j5V01xY.gif

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Glenn’s only a year older than Linford Christie was when he won gold in the 100m at the World Championships in 1993.

I get where you’re coming from, but for a professional sportsman/athlete, age alone shouldn’t be a major factor until he’s a fair bit older. (Over 40 maybe?)

I accept that players do seem to slow down earlier than that though, but seeing as sprinters manage to stay at full speed later, there can’t be a strong anatomical reason... maybe they just get wiser and can’t be assed to leg it around anymore...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here