Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dynamo Dresden v St Pauli...2 Bundesliga 25 Jan

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
guten tag,

Gonna be in the vicinity with some mates and could feasibly do this one.

Anyone been? Historic eastern bloc club take on punk Hamburg club in first game post winter break. Should make the effort really.

Wait for home tickets to be on general sale or buy away tickets through viagogo?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Demand usually outstrips supply for St Pauli games, both home and away. The chances of away tickets going past members sale are a little above zero. Any tickets turning up on secondary resellers for the away block, I would suggest, are a scam waiting to happen. DD have a capacity of around 30'000. You *might* have a chance of general sale for the home sectors, but given the opposition & first game after the winter break, its iffy. The home ultras end (K Block) will almost certainly sell out to members.

As a side issue, the stewards in the corner by the away block & by the home K Block are issued with umbrellas. Its not to keep the rain off.:ohmy:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Demand usually outstrips supply for St Pauli games, both home and away. The chances of away tickets going past members sale are a little above zero. Any tickets turning up on secondary resellers for the away block, I would suggest, are a scam waiting to happen. DD have a capacity of around 30'000. You *might* have a chance of general sale for the home sectors, but given the opposition & first game after the winter break, its iffy. The home ultras end (K Block) will almost certainly sell out to members.

As a side issue, the stewards in the corner by the away block & by the home K Block are issued with umbrellas. Its not to keep the rain off.:ohmy:

Great response cheers...makes it even more compelling. I’ll let you know how I get on and stay away from K block/away.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Going with a few lads Feb March but st pauli home game,my mate goes 3 or 4 times a season,always gets tickets,but sky always change dates but can't wait,we fly get a ticket,hotel for around 140 quid,bargain,esp as I do over a ton most away games watching bha

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
It’s a classical old place. Did Dresden v Red Star in the European Cup once. Save to say it did not end well. Still we managed 66 minutes of football before the ref abandoned the game.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Funnily enough (Saint) the wettest I have ever been at a match was on an open terrace at Dresden v Magdeburg 1991. I can date it because it was the same day Wendy Wilkins chipped us in to the playoffs against Ipswich. I learnt this in the classic mode of transistor to ear listening to the World Service.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2012
Went to Dusseldorf in December to see my son, who’s working there and to generally to have a look round. We also went to Dusseldorf v Nurnberg, second versus third at the time in Bundesliga 2. Impressive stadium, 54,500 capacity with a roof, but only 22,000 on the night. Dusseldorf lost 0-2 and to be honest it wasn’t much of a game, the standard was pretty poor, but good atmosphere nonetheless. The trains after the game were a bit more frequent than Falmer and even though the home side lost they were in good spirit bizarrely belting out, Mariah Carey’s, All I want for Christmas is you!

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Great response cheers...makes it even more compelling. I’ll let you know how I get on and stay away from K block/away.

Good Luck. If I'm in the area in the coming days, I'll see if I can find out the ticket situation for that game & PM you. Its unusual for Bundesliga 2 to have a Thursday game, so I assume that's been moved for the terrestrial live game. As a rule, Bundesliga 2 have the most fan unfriendly kick off times. That one is 20.30 so half normal.

Funnily enough (Saint) the wettest I have ever been at a match was on an open terrace at Dresden v Magdeburg 1991

It was rebuilt some years back with all sides covered. It now has seating on three sides plus the big K Block terrace behind the goal and another terrace in the far corner for the visitors. Before Dynamo were promoted from Bund.3 a couple of seasons back, games against Magdeburg plus Hansa Rostock were always 'lively'.

It’s a classical old place. Did Dresden v Red Star in the European Cup once. Save to say it did not end well. Still we managed 66 minutes of football before the ref abandoned the game

Times have moved on and they've calmed down & grown up. The worst thing they do now is luzzing a severed cows head onto the pitch in a cup game against RB Leipzig last season, plus dressing up in military fatigues for an away game. (Must be impersonating their hero's from SE25)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Like how in that video are are maybe 3 people in the away end not in camo, they must have felt right plums.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Went to Dusseldorf in December to see my son, who’s working there and to generally to have a look round. We also went to Dusseldorf v Nurnberg, second versus third at the time in Bundesliga 2. Impressive stadium, 54,500 capacity with a roof, but only 22,000 on the night. Dusseldorf lost 0-2 and to be honest it wasn’t much of a game, the standard was pretty poor, but good atmosphere nonetheless. The trains after the game were a bit more frequent than Falmer and even though the home side lost they were in good spirit bizarrely belting out, Mariah Carey’s, All I want for Christmas is you!
Me and a few of the chaps went to a Fortuna v St Pauli game a couple of years ago, crowd was 48,000, and the transport away was exceptional. Since then, I've always felt we could do better at Falmer. I blame Southern btw, not the club.

Jan 26, 2012
Me and a few of the chaps went to a Fortuna v St Pauli game a couple of years ago, crowd was 48,000, and the transport away was exceptional. Since then, I've always felt we could do better at Falmer. I blame Southern btw, not the club.

48,000, that must have been lively. When we went, the crowd behind the goal were very loud and that was only 22,000! Makes the boys up the road look like choir boys. Also impressed with the trains, I'm sure it seemed like every minute!

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
guten tag,

Gonna be in the vicinity with some mates and could feasibly do this one.

Anyone been? Historic eastern bloc club take on punk Hamburg club in first game post winter break. Should make the effort really.

Wait for home tickets to be on general sale or buy away tickets through viagogo?

@JesusGul https://www.dynamo-dresden.de/ticke...eufe-fuer-st-pauli-sandhausen-und-bochum.html

Freesale starts 12pm, Friday, 12.01.18 subject to availability. Whether DD tickets have a print at home option or you would need to collect them from the stadium on matchday, I'm not certain. Roughly translated below:

When? From 12.01.2018 (from 10 clock)

Where? etix online shop ,ticket order hotline (01805) 303435 (14 ct./min German landline, mobile maximum 42ct / min, Mon-Fri 10-17 clock), all known ticket outlets, cashier area Lennéplatz left of Dynamo fan shop (Mo. -Fr 10-19 clock, Sat 10-15 clock)

How many? Maximum 6 tickets per order.

If they are allowing a max of 6 tickets in the freesale, you have a decent chance. Slightly surprised, but good for you. Also good for touts sadly. I would still expect this game to sell out so best you attempt to book at the earliest opportunity when freesale starts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here