Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So how much will it take to land Dembele?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hughton clearly wants the player. I think Celtic will play hardball and will want £25m.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The talk at Newcastle apparently was that it is a done deal to West Ham as his agent insisted on a releaase clause if the club was relegated and we wouldnt agree to that but West Ham have. Whether there is any substance in this or just gosspi I do not know and I doubt if many do but somebody has to start it based on something.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I don’t think we are interested

We definitely are, did you see the sky interview after the game yesterday? Hughton had the opportunity to rule the interest out but chose not too.

We definitely are, did you see the sky interview after the game yesterday? Hughton had the opportunity to rule the interest out but chose not too.

Is there a link to or even a transcript of this interview? I don't have Sky and would be interested to see for myself exactly what CH said rather than rely on differing NSC interpretations.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He will go for £25m, I reckon. And I don't think it will be to us.

I think we will fall back on there being better value across Europe somewhere. I know there was speculation to Chelsea a year ago, but all I see is a striker playing in the SPL who has 8 in 21 this season. That doesn't scream MUST SIGN to me. Based on his 32 in 49 last season though, he clearly is a good striker, but I just think we'll move onto other targets as the price goes above £20m.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The talk at Newcastle apparently was that it is a done deal to West Ham as his agent insisted on a releaase clause if the club was relegated and we wouldnt agree to that but West Ham have. Whether there is any substance in this or just gosspi I do not know and I doubt if many do but somebody has to start it based on something.

Was this something you heard on the bus or a taxi driver ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Based o his statistics at a lower grade club I hope not. I want them to find the next Berbatov or Torres or even Vydra when he first arrived.in a lower league abroad.

BG

I don't want someone coming with statistics. I want someone with ability and a good work rate.

Gary Hooper came with Statistics and no work rate but David Mc Nally the Chief Exec at Norwich had previously been at Celtic and was a Celtic fan was desperate to buy him. He was a decent finisher but couldn't make the step up because his work rate and ability was limited. Lack of pace didn't help either.

If this lad has the work rate required and could fit into the system we play then I would have him all day long because the lad has ability and youth on his side. Statistics is one thing but if you can't adapt to another teams system of play then it isn't worth ''jack shit'' Fernando Torres Liverpool to Chelsea is a case in point as is Andy Carroll moving from Newcastle to Liverpool

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was this something you heard on the bus or a taxi driver ?

One of his sons will have read it in a newspaper, miraculously this story will only appear in print and not on any online presence said publication may have.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BFG

If this lad has the work rate required and could fit into the system we play then I would have him all day long because the lad has ability and youth on his side.

I’ve read that his work rate is an attribute not an issue.

However.

I suspect we have a few irons in the fire and they’ll all be told that we’re signing a striker before West Brom. It’s then up to them ans their agents to push a deal through. I suspect Dembele’s agent wants to do business on the last day of the window (to get the maximum bidders in place) so I doubt Moussa will be wearing our stripes anytime soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told it was the general converstaion in the seats with somebody who said he was ITK hence me doubting the authentiicity of it but I can also understand the sentiment about relegation clause as West Ham will not consider they will be relegated so it doesnt come into play as opposed to us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG

I don't want someone coming with statistics. I want someone with ability and a good work rate.

Gary Hooper came with Statistics and no work rate but David Mc Nally the Chief Exec at Norwich had previously been at Celtic and was a Celtic fan was desperate to buy him. He was a decent finisher but couldn't make the step up because his work rate and ability was limited. Lack of pace didn't help either.

If this lad has the work rate required and could fit into the system we play then I would have him all day long because the lad has ability and youth on his side. Statistics is one thing but if you can't adapt to another teams system of play then it isn't worth ''jack shit'' Fernando Torres Liverpool to Chelsea is a case in point as is Andy Carroll moving from Newcastle to Liverpool

The statistics suggest that he will not be able to play at our level as effective4ly as he has and if we are not carefuil we could finish up with another Van Wolfswinkel or Leon Best as Hughtons records for signing strikers isnt that good for whatever reason be it him or his staff

albionite

May 20, 2009
I am told it was the general converstaion in the seats with somebody who said he was ITK hence me doubting the authentiicity of it but I can also understand the sentiment about relegation clause as West Ham will not consider they will be relegated so it doesnt come into play as opposed to us.

Amazing how many times you’re in the right place for people in itk to tell you what’s happening. Must be your trusting face.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would you take

1) 25M paid over the next 4 years
2) 22M upfront plus 3M if stay up this year and 3M if we stay up next year plus a 15% sell on fee (on the profit not actual fee paid)

No inside knowledge just genuine question to those who think 3M on the headline figure might make all the difference.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Van Wolfswinkel or Leon Best as Hughtons records for signing strikers isnt that good for whatever reason be it him or his staff

WHOA, WHOA WHOA.... I'm not having that.
Darren Bent - 2 in 5 - Would have signed him if Derby didn't step in.
Leon Best - Less said about Leon the better
James Wilson - Pretty decent till whatever illness he had ruined his season
Bobby Zamora - Class
Tomer Hemed - Exactly what was needed to get us out of the championship - been an excellent signing
Glenn Murray - Along with Hemed, a big reason we were promoted, and done well this season.

In addition he got Sam Baldock playing well, before he has vanished from trace since his injury.

The failure has been not signing a premier league level striker this season, not what has happened previously. Best apart he has a good track record with us, and one most managers would be pretty happy with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here