Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton v Palace - what do we want?

What result do you want tonight?

• Southampton win

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 89 67.4%
  • Palace Win

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Saints can climb above us with a win. But we surely don't want a Palace win either? Draw?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Southampton win by at least 5, we then remain 4 points about Palace and their goal difference takes another hit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
giphy.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I'm allowed to choose, then a draw please.

Southampton are firm favourites for this though, probably because the NigeIs are absolutely dreadful away from home

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If I'm allowed to choose, then a draw please.

Southampton are firm favourites for this though, probably because the NigeIs are absolutely dreadful away from home

Eh ?? 3 draws and 1 win in the last 4 away games....is not too shabby.

el punal

A draw although Southampton will finish above us so maybe their win makes more sense.

A draw - yes. A Southampton win makes no sense. Why on earth should you think that they'll finish above us? They have a very unhappy set-up at the moment from board room to the playing staff to the fans. As I live down there the last thing I want to hear is how wonderful they are and how they're the best team on the south coast. Just let them stew in their own misfortune* and just for once let us have the bragging rights.

PS - * Applies to all teams from 13th to 20th in the table.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh ?? 3 draws and 1 win in the last 4 away games....is not too shabby.

Ah my mistake, that seems reasonable. I thought Palace had been terrible away this season. I presume you have simply been shithouse in every single away game before those 4?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I appear to be the only one to have voted for a Southampton win - my heart ruling my head as I will always go for Palace to lose any day of the week.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although I suspect both will be OK this season Palace are the most likely to be in reach of the strugglers come April ... so a big Stains win for me

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
A draw - yes. A Southampton win makes no sense. Why on earth should you think that they'll finish above us? They have a very unhappy set-up at the moment from board room to the playing staff to the fans. As I live down there the last thing I want to hear is how wonderful they are and how they're the best team on the south coast. Just let them stew in their own misfortune* and just for once let us have the bragging rights.

PS - * Applies to all teams from 13th to 20th in the table.

They are an established Prem side with more money to spend than us(75m gained from recent sale)plus their squad is worth more.Is that enough?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are an established Prem side with more money to spend than us(75m gained from recent sale)plus their squad is worth more.Is that enough?
No it isn't because exactly the same thing applies to Palace. What's your point?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I appear to be the only one to have voted for a Southampton win - my heart ruling my head as I will always go for Palace to lose any day of the week.
If one of them are relegated, saving us, it's more likely to be Palace, so an SCC win is a vote with the head too.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having spoken to an SCC fan about the mess they’re in, I don’t think it at all unlikely that Palace could finish above them.

As for this game, my usual rule applies. Both teams currently below us = draw.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who did Palace sell for 75m? What's their average gate?How long have they been in the Prem?

3) Er, Southampton have been in the Premier league ONE season longer than Palace
2) What has the fact that they average 7,000 fewer than Southampton got to with anything? Are you familiar with the insignificance of average attendance at this level?
1) So the fact that Southampton have sold their best player makes them more likely to finish above us?

Apart from that, great post. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here