Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Very proud of the team

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This probably doesn't need another thread (so apologies). However, apart from the general positive vibe for the season to date, the team deserves a huge amount of credit (and a long rest) after their Christmas/New Year endeavours. We had the joint second most compressed timetable of matches, and the third longest travel distance. However, Hughton and the team still gave everything in every game. And if we'd got the three points yesterday it would have been just about perfect (to go along with a victory against Watford, the inevitable loss v Chelsea, and a creditable draw at Newcastle). We had a lunchtime fixture yesterday less than two days after an away fixture in Newcastle!! Having read the whinging from Guardiola, Wenger - and now Pardew (!), it reflects very well on us, I think, that we just get on with things. I very much hope we give the core players a well-deserved rest next Monday - I will even be happy to see Skalak get a runaround!!

el punal

I must admit I'm glad to get through December relatively unscathed. To get to January 2nd in 12th place with 23 points is a credit to Chris Hughton and the boys. I did enjoy yesterday's game, if not the result, as we showed a willingness to attack from the off. When we played Newcastle we dominated so much of the play but failed to take advantage because we were so ponderous in going forward, so for me, yesterday's performance was a breath of fresh air.

Overall this season we've held our own and been resolute. We need to take it further though which, obvious to everyone, means signing a striker with a bit of pace - unlike Murray and Hemed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
5 pts was about what most of us expected, solid

kjgood

I must admit I'm glad to get through December relatively unscathed. To get to January 2nd in 12th place with 23 points is a credit to Chris Hughton and the boys. I did enjoy yesterday's game, if not the result, as we showed a willingness to attack from the off. When we played Newcastle we dominated so much of the play but failed to take advantage because we were so ponderous in going forward, so for me, yesterday's performance was a breath of fresh air.

Overall this season we've held our own and been resolute. We need to take it further though which, obvious to everyone, means signing a striker with a bit of pace - unlike Murray and Hemed.

We have a striker with the initials SB who has pace sat on the bench (If he's lucky)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn't Liverpool once go a season using about 16 players and winning the league (42 games)? And probably the European Cup, and a League Cup for good measure. Oh, and travelling was a lot worse in the 70s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here