Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Post match Talksport Diving Bournemouth Player

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Listening when back in the car and they mentioned that a B'mouth player (forget who) may be in trouble for diving, can't remember an incident apart from the usual "buying" a freekick in the centre of the park, any ideas?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think it was Wilson. Definitely needs looking at as Murray pulled out of the tackle and he threw himself to the floor

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Listening when back in the car and they mentioned that a B'mouth player (forget who) may be in trouble for diving, can't remember an incident apart from the usual "buying" a freekick in the centre of the park, any ideas?

If true, I can only mention the name Zaha and the incompetence of the FA.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it was Wilson. I didn't hear the radio, but fairly sure it was him when they appealed for a penalty.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Not sure who but Murray slid in and there was no contact and the Ballmuff player went down in a heap. Won’t get a ban though as nothing was given!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I thought a player could only receive retrospective action for diving if it gave their team an advantage by scoring a pen etc

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought a player could only receive retrospective action for diving if it gave their team an advantage by scoring a pen etc

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Retrospective action can be taken if as a result of the act of simulation the ref has awarded a penalty or a player has been dismissed. They don’t have to score the penalty as the advantage is the penalty attempt itself (or having an extra player in the case of a dismissal).

As there was no penalty or red card today I don’t think any retrospective action can be taken.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cheat.

Hopefully referees will remember him as such in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here