Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo: was he right to shoot?

Izquierdo: was he right to shoot?

• Yes, shooting was the right thing to do

Votes: 134 63.2%
  • No, he should have squared to Propper

Votes: 78 36.8%

• Total voters

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If the ball was under his control he would have been correct to shoot (even if he missed) but a heavy first touch as he came into the box should have changed his mind and toe poked it across to Propper.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Shoot, hindsught is wonderful but if he'd passed and Gross? Was tackled or missed or hit the defender on the line we'd all be saying why didnt Izquierdo shoot?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He was extremely unselfish and set up the first goal by passing. The second one was a shame his last touch let him down when he made the decision to shoot. I still think a player should go for the shot in that position unless you are Duffy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shoot, hindsught is wonderful but if he'd passed and Gross? Was tackled or missed or hit the defender on the line we'd all be saying why didnt Izquierdo shoot?

Exactly this. We had other shots that were blocked when another pass could have lead to a better opportunity. Izquierdo had every right to take the shot. We know he missed so it's easy to say now he should have passed it, but I don't begrudge him the shot, and think the question should be better phrased - he didn't score so it's hard to say he wasn't right, but that involves hindsight and is unfair. If he knew he wasn't going to score, I'm sure he would have passed. But he felt he could score, and I won't criticise him for taking the shot.

I'm still more frustrated that we didn't make better substitutions, leaving a tired team on for too long.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He earned his chance to take a punt, would have been amazing to get it in the net. I think he was right to take a chance. I think. Though had he squared it 3 assists. Well. I voted yes he was right to shoot. Not 100% sure though

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
This is what the MSN were so good at at Barcelona. No selfishness to score themselves, always lay it off for the tap in. Izquierdo did it so well for first goal, would have been assist of the season if he’d just repeated. Instead, he went for goal of the season. Henry was spot on after game, of it had been 1-1 he wouldn’t have taken the shot on, he’d have squared it.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
From West Upper, north end, felt I had perfect view. He was right to shoot, just didn't execute. I haven't seen it on TV, but the pass to Propper didn't look obvious to me.

PG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just said this on Twitter- if that's me I'm shooting all day long. (Let's not bring in to it that if that was actually me the run would have given me a heart attack or I'd have put it in the North Stand)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From West Upper, north end, felt I had perfect view. He was right to shoot, just didn't execute. I haven't seen it on TV, but the pass to Propper didn't look obvious to me.

PG

I must sit near you. Agree 100%

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have been a teeny-weeny bit gutted if he'd passed, even if we'd scored. :facepalm:

It's the only time I've been bored of cheering so stopped before he got in their area. :lolol:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It was great run, a great chance, and a great performance. That would have just been the icing. Only taking positives with Izzy today, he clearly wanted to get on the scoresheet so happy with that. At last we have shown that we can play football, except for Everton that could be the 2 points what slipped through our fingers this season. Happy and disappointed at the same time. It was very watchable indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here