Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Immensely proud

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I seriously believed we'd start 2018 staring down the barrel of a gun... I'm surprised and proud of how well we've acquitted ourselves thus far. Sure, I get frustrated by these kind of results, BUT we are doing pretty well and holding our own.

Let's keep the faith, as I suspect January will be a very, very interesting month.

Albion!

Happy new year everyone :)

Kosh

D

Deleted member 2719

I seriously believed we'd start 2018 staring down the barrel of a gun... I'm surprised and proud of how well we've acquitted ourselves thus far. Sure, I get frustrated by these kind of results, BUT we are doing pretty well and holding our own.

Let's keep the faith, as I suspect January will be a very, very interesting month.

Albion!

Kosh

Come on Kosh what do you know, because lets face it not a lot to be positive about a draw at home to another relegation contender.

4 coming in of proven quality???

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Absolutely outstanding that we are holding our own in every match bar the big 6 in our first PL season. A joy to watch despite the disappointment of all these draws

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This was the first game this season that I felt short changed by the side. I hold close to zero hope that we’ll sign a striker, maybe we’ll get an attacking midfielder on loan. I reckon we’re really going to have to see out this season with pretty much the squad we have.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Come on Kosh what do you know, because lets face it not a lot to be positive about a draw at home to another relegation contender.

4 coming in of proven quality???

I unsure of how many arrivals etc. but I will say this: Bournemouth have a playing budget akin to the GDP of a small European principality, and even though they have had a poor season we are doing very well to go toe to toe with the plaything of a billionaire mercenary.

Onward.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Albion!

Kosh

Good post and sense of perspective, teams like Bournemouth are quite well established so it is good to be competing with them toe to toe, but we do need to cut out silly errors like our defending from corners or I feel we will be relegated.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This was the first game this season that I felt short changed by the side. I hold close to zero hope that we’ll sign a striker, maybe we’ll get an attacking midfielder on loan. I reckon we’re really going to have to see out this season with pretty much the squad we have.

Again; we were playing a team who are happy to spunk 50k a week (and the rest) giving Jemaine Defoe a decent retirement fund... I agree the manner of the second equaliser was comical at best, but we are doing very well to stay in the 'mixer' given the relative budgets of those around us and, and the fact the Bournemouth have done pretty well over recent seasons at this level.

In short; I don't feel short changed, gutted not to win yes, but I don't think our boys had much left in the tank in those closing stages.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Inclined to agree but it’s important that we get the signings in early rather than at the end of the window. The coming fixtures are the key to our season and we need to be as strong as possible for them.

I got an email from Paul Barber this morning at half past 8 stating that despite my drunken email to him at 01:36 this morning telling him that we are 1 hour 36 into the transfer window and we still have no news on our 2 new strikers, hope he is enjoying his bonus and practising his solitaire while sat on his arse. Anyway he doesnt play solitaire, they practise in the xmas break on FIFA/Championship Manager and his missus took all of his bonus lol. Straight to Mrs B quote. Made my morning top man, cant believe he replied

D

Deleted member 2719

Chris was pushed on Sky about Dembele, i felt he wanted to punch the air and say we nearly have him.

Although i am not a mind reader i do believe he is in the picture or at least to one of our fellow rivals snap him up!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I got an email from Paul Barber this morning at half past 8 stating that despite my drunken email to him at 01:36 this morning telling him that we are 1 hour 36 into the transfer window and we still have no news on our 2 new strikers, hope he is enjoying his bonus and practising his solitaire while sat on his arse. Anyway he doesnt play solitaire, they practise in the xmas break on FIFA/Championship Manager and his missus took all of his bonus lol. Straight to Mrs B quote. Made my morning top man, cant believe he replied

He’s not human, he’s a bot! :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

As you so matey with Barbs can you ask him whether his missus might want to dig into HER bonus and purchase a shirt for Mouldys daughter as its costing the club BIG BUCKS which could go towards this record signing striker.

:thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As you so matey with Barbs can you ask him whether his missus might want to dig into HER bonus and purchase a shirt for Mouldys daughter as its costing the club BIG BUCKS which could go towards this record signing striker.

:thumbsup:

Ha ha mate you should be buying Barber a shirt with your money! Happy New year to you and the Family of Mouldys

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
afraid i cant be so positive. we need to be picking up more points at home and if not those in bottom half then who? concerned we'll slip down the positions as others sort themselves out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here