Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wet January!

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Having had too many miserable 'dry January's' in my lifetime and being old enough not to worry any more about the health effects, I have a Bucks Fizz in front of me and will be smuggling in a half bottle of Morrison's Palo Cortado Sherry (not the best I've ever tasted but nevertheless extraordinarily good at the price, £6) to the game, a happy new year to all, especially all those who will be as comfortably sozzled as am I!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having had too many miserable 'dry January's' in my lifetime and being old enough not to worry any more about the health effects, I have a Bucks Fizz in front of me and will be smuggling in a half bottle of Morrison's Palo Cortado Sherry (not the best I've ever tasted but nevertheless extraordinarily good at the price, £6) to the game, a happy new year to all, especially all those who will be as comfortably sozzled as am I!

Don't complain if it's found & you get a 3 year ban.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you a magistrate?

No, but I've worked in the same area.
I also had a couple of friends banned at Withdean for taking a hip flask in. As said previously, it's common sense.
Alcohol is served at the Amex if you can't manage a couple of hours without it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Silly me thought it was going to be a thread about the heavy downpour expected during the game today. Instead its about someone wanting to get thenselves banned because they can't go 45 minutes without a drink.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The government get 9 billion a year in alcohol duty, about the same in tobacco duty, and about 30 billion in fuel excise duty.

So stuff all these New Year's Resolutions: drink more, smoke more, and swap your hybrid for a gas-guzzler. Your country needs you!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dry January for me, and giving up meat for the month too. Quite interested to see what the weight loss results will be, if any. I lost nothing during Sober October

Beware the cheese....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think common sense is the answer, cut down your drinking after the festive season excess but drink better quality wine and beer. A whole month dry can seem a miserable long time, just be sensible.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dry January for me, and giving up meat for the month too. Quite interested to see what the weight loss results will be, if any. I lost nothing during Sober October

I bet it just makes your farts smell worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here