Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] O/T The Greatest Showman

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not normally one for this kind of film, but took Mrs Earle to see it this afternoon and it was one of the most enjoyable films I have seen at the cinema in many years. Hugh Jackman puts in a multi talented turn as the singing and dancing Barnum, but my joy was in all the singing and dancing numbers. I felt like applauding at the end as if I had just watched a wonderful West End show. Really loved it.

Sorry it's not a football based thread and I'll be up at the crack of dawn for the big match tomorrow. But sometimes you just have to share the joy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wasn't looking forward to it based on the trailer and the samples of the songs released (I wasn't a fan of the music in la la land, which was written by the same writers). So I went in with low expectations and actually rather enjoyed myself. It's not perfect, nor do I think it will challenge any of my top musicals (I have a long list of favourites), but it did end up being much better than thought it would be.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My only issue with it was that it did nothing to surprise me. It's a classic "doesn't realise what he has till it's gone" tale, with so many characters you don't really get to see much of any. It was a solid film and I enjoyed it, but I thought it was a bit short of any real inspiration.

It was the final film of 120 I saw in the cinema this year, a record which may stand for a while for me!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know we have been there before in 2017, but I saw the Lion King a couple of years ago and I just found this film everything I hoped for with Lion King, but didn't get (animal costumes excepted!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here