Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] You've got to love Palace..

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
..everytime they do something good it always has a sting in the tail.

They get one of the results of the season against Man City today, but miss an injury-time penalty thus throwing away two points and leaving the fans going home disappointed

They get to the FA Cup Final, then lose to 10-men and have their manager make a laughing stock of the club with his dancing antics

They succeed in staying in the top division for the longest period in their history, but manage to be the worst side in the country for months and months whilst doing so

They appoint excellent managers to clean up earlier manager's mess, but repeatedly lose them in the summer and have to go off looking for another one

They announce wonderful new stadium plans, which turns out to be fancy cladding and better toilets

Thanks Palace for keeping me eternally amused, football is a more enjoyable place with you in it.

Happy New Year x

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013

They get one of the results of the season against Man City today, but miss an injury-time penalty thus throwing away two points and leaving the fans going home disappointed

They get to the FA Cup Final, then lose to 10-men and have their manager make a laughing stock of the club with his dancing antics

They succeed in staying in the top division for the longest period in their history, but manage to be the worst side in the country for months and months whilst doing so

They appoint excellent managers to clean up earlier manager's mess, but repeatedly lose them in the summer and have to go off looking for another one

They announce wonderful new stadium plans, which turns out to be fancy cladding and better toilets

Thanks Palace for keeping me eternally amused, football is a more enjoyable place with you in it.

Happy New Year x
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Happy New Year x

There are times when Crystal Palace FC are merely a toilet that just won't flush.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I know this post will bring down a megatonne of hatred upon me but after their laughable start to the season Palace have since played with heart and spirit. They have quality in their team and have not been daunted by teams high above them in the league. Our point against them at our place doesn't now look so shabby and I'd be delighted if we get a point at theirs. They'll stay up and, I fear, they'll be above us.

Doesn't mean I like 'em but there are some leaves in their book that I'd be happy if we took, fair play to the scummers.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I know this post will bring down a megatonne of hatred upon me but after their laughable start to the season Palace have since played with heart and spirit. They have quality in their team and have not been daunted by teams high above them in the league. Our point against them at our place doesn't now look so shabby and I'd be delighted if we get a point at theirs. They'll stay up and, I fear, they'll be above us.

Doesn't mean I like 'em but there are some leaves in their book that I'd be happy if we took, fair play to the scummers.
It lodges in the throat but they do have some decent players, with the obvious diving exception. Back to the same old same old when Woy retires lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Only a swivel eyed mong would argue with that. I suppose the OP was making the point that, no matter how hard their flag waving, black clad ultras try, the club itself manages to somehow sabotage their own achievements when it matters most.

They beat Liverpool to end their chances of finishing as champions and five minutes later their chairman is embroiled in a twitter shitfest with his own fans, they drag themselves out of a relegation battle only to have their manager leave because he's "bored" whatever they do they are waiting to shit in their own porridge.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
and, say what you like, the atmosphere there is far better than at Old Trafford, The Emirates, Wembley and Stamford Bridge combined.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They get a decent point against Manchester City and all the talk is about their player diving and another one of their players assaulting the best player in the league.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
and, say what you like, the atmosphere there is far better than at Old Trafford, The Emirates, Wembley and Stamford Bridge combined.

Yeah, couldn't agree more, there's so much joylessness in this league... I'm actually feeling quite a lot of love for games and clubs with real grit and spirit.

Say what you like but I LOVED the Palace game - what an atmosphere! Will there be a more electrifying game in this cynical league? I doubt it!

el punal

Yeah, couldn't agree more, there's so much joylessness in this league... I'm actually feeling quite a lot of love for games and clubs with real grit and spirit.

Say what you like but I LOVED the Palace game - what an atmosphere! Will there be a more electrifying game in this cynical league? I doubt it!

The cynical league as you call it is the one we've aspired to and fought to join for over 34 years. Don't knock it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure I agree with you there. I think the journey is, occasionally, greater than the destination...

Give me the championship every day of the week. This league is populated with total bellends. I've just spent this evening with a load of Spurs. Gloating over how "shit" we are because they beat us. Forgetting, of course, that their centre halves cost more than our first team.

Knobheads.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They get a decent point against Manchester City and all the talk is about their player diving and another one of their players assaulting the best player in the league.

Both incidents could have been avoided though and the talk would have all been about the Man City result. I love the fact that they have shot themselves in the foot yet again. I hear Zaha is in line for a place in the 2020 Olympic Diving Team.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure I agree with you there. I think the journey is, occasionally, greater than the destination...

Give me the championship every day of the week. ....

OT: So what was the point of the journey then? When we lost those play-off games I can't believe anybody thought: "Oh good, we're not going to get promoted. We can stay in the Championship and enjoy the journey some more, hopefully forever".

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
OT: So what was the point of the journey then? When we lost those play-off games I can't believe anybody thought: "Oh good, we're not going to get promoted. We can stay in the Championship and enjoy the journey some more, hopefully forever".

Your point is well made. But I look at the angst of Arsenal supporters, and I look at the joy, hope and heart of AFC Wimbledon, my local team, (yes I'm a BHA STH), and I know which of the two I'd rather be...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Your point is well made. But I look at the angst of Arsenal supporters, and I look at the joy, hope and heart of AFC Wimbledon, my local team, (yes I'm a BHA STH), and I know which of the two I'd rather be...

I too get your point to an extent. It's a bit like when you're a kid looking forward to Christmas; there's all the excitement of the build-up, then at about 10:00am once you've been awake since 5 and opened all your presents there's a sense of anti-climax.

But we're not at Arsenal levels yet, we're only just halfway through our first season! Let's at least try and enjoy it for a bit before the ennui makes us yearn for away trips to Peterborough. Sadly, and incredibly imo, I think some have hit that point already. Shades of 1979 all over again. To go back to my Christmas analogy I'm still very much in the 'unwrapping presents' stage.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I too get your point to an extent. It's a bit like when you're a kid looking forward to Christmas; there's all the excitement of the build-up, then at about 10:00am once you've been awake since 5 and opened all your presents there's a sense of anti-climax.

But we're not at Arsenal levels yet, we're only just halfway through our first season! Let's at least try and enjoy it for a bit before the ennui makes us yearn for away trips to Peterborough. Sadly, and incredibly imo, I think some have hit that point already. Shades of 1979 all over again. To go back to my Christmas analogy I'm still very much in the 'unwrapping presents' stage.

This exactly. The last few seasons in the Championship, for us to drop below halfway was unthinkable as we had fought so hard to build a team that could compete for the holy grail of promotion to the promised land. How many seasons do you think it will take for us to establish ourselves as a top half PL side? Certainly not one.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

You're not at Arsenals level yet
YET ?
Thank you for my first laugh of the new year !
Brilliant stuff :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You're not at Arsenals level yet
YET ?
Thank you for my first laugh of the new year !
Brilliant stuff :thumbsup:
Yes yes we will give you that one. We are only half the club Arsenal are.....thank goodness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here