Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC comedy - This Country

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really enjoy this comedy so I’m glad there’s a third series. Very sad about Michael “slug” Seggs. He had an extraordinary life, albeit very short.

Thought they dealt with it with great heart, and humour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kerry really is a bellend, isn't she?

Great show. So warm, so mundane, so funny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A rarity on NSC - unanimous praise. And well deserved. I'd have this right up there with my own platinum collection of Partridge, Fawlty Towers, The Office, Detectorists and The Thick of It. The BBC is so damn good at comedy, aside from the bafflingly popular dreck that is MBB.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had never watched it before, seen nothing more than clips and thought it looked quite funny, so this thread prompted me to check it out and I binged watched the first two seasons during the week. What a brilliantly written show, it's makes you care about Kurtan and Kerry even though they can be massive cockwombles. Kerry's relationship with her Dad can really tug at the heart strings, the soda stream moment in series two was incredibly heart warming. They sent Sluggs off in the right way too.

If I had one minor criticism it would be that sometimes Kurtan is a bit too much like a country side version of Gareth Keenan.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
First time I have seen this thread.

To be honest was dreading that everyone would be slating this off as my wife and myself think it is great. However, thought it may only appeal to our strange sense of humour but everyone loves it. Wonderful TV.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
If I had one minor criticism it would be that sometimes Kurtan is a bit too much like a country side version of Gareth Keenan.

Good to see him taking it in good humour. A brilliant series.

dfgdfgfg.PNG

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"Pinging back and forth between me and that bloody woman, like flubber from the film Flubber"

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sublime episode last night. Can it get any better?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't recall the exact words but Kurtan's explanation of the difference between a chat and a natter was superb.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The perfect comedy in my opinion. If anything, so far this series is even better.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
it's a program that I thought I would not find funny, but it is fantastic, hilarious and very well done.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apart from a slight physical resemblance, I really don’t see the resemblance to Gareth. Gareth was thoroughly unlikeable, out for himself at the expense of others, desperate to be popular, with no redeeming features. Kurtans is kind, does things to help others, very likeable and childlike and does his own thing, doesn’t care about being important or popular.

Kurtans is likeable. Gareth is a loathesome tw@.

Lazy comparison because of his looks and accent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apart from a slight physical resemblance, I really don’t see the resemblance to Gareth. Gareth was thoroughly unlikeable, out for himself at the expense of others, desperate to be popular, with no redeeming features. Kurtans is kind, does things to help others, very likeable and childlike and does his own thing, doesn’t care about being important or popular.

Kurtans is likeable. Gareth is a loathesome tw@.

Lazy comparison because of his looks and accent.

The far better comparison is with Crook’s character in the Detectorists............

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The far better comparison is with Crook’s character in the Detectorists............

Again, no. Crooks character is intelligent, learned with a girlfriend and goals in life.

The two actors look a little alike. That’s it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here