Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Chris Hughton day

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Three years ago today, Chris arrived to be our manager.

We were just above the relegation zone (thanks to heroics at Fulham from Nathan Jones) and now sitting 12th in the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Three years ago today, Chris arrived to be our manager.

We were just above the relegation zone (thanks to heroics at Fulham from Nathan Jones) and now sitting 12th in the Premier League.

Just above the relegation zone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So was the Brentford FA Cup tie his first match? I remember going to that in the home end as away end sold out, we got absolutely battered but a very good Brentford team but somehow fluked it with two late goals. Incredible to think how far we have come in a relatively short space of time.

And Hyypia - how sh!te was he. Was sitting next to a Swiss journalist the other day who was going on about how inept he was in taking FC Zurich down in his next job. The end of the road for management for My Hyypia.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
CH has brought us a long way in a short time and deserves a prolonged (hopefully!) crack at the Premier league. If the worst happens and we do go down, he should be given the chance to get us back up again. Many thanks for what you have achieved so far CH.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Chrissy Hughton's blue and white army! :albion2: Couldn't be prouder to call him manager of our club.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Thank Hu.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brilliant Albion manager.

The sadly negative constituency on here will finally realise that in a couple of years when Chris has had time to build a team more able to compete properly in the Premier League.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not much exciting football that season. Probably due to the fact that he had to do get a squad which wasn't one of the best, motivated, organised, make us solid at the back, nick points where he could and keep us up.

I remember at the time some people thought he was a boring manager who would never get us anywhere, and a couple of transfer windows later :angel:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chris Hughton is / was the final piece in the Albion jigsaw IMO

PS I always thought that Hypia, looked like beaker from the Muppets!

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I hope Hughton remembers we have a game tomorrow and he doesn't spend the evening getting pissed up to celebrate his 3rd anniversary and taking on anyone who so much as looks at him funny. Hopefully he'll save himself knowing it's smug Eddie in town tomorrow lunchtime and if anyone deserves a slap it's him.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I hope Hughton remembers we have a game tomorrow and he doesn't spend the evening getting pissed up to celebrate his 3rd anniversary and taking on anyone who so much as looks at him funny. Hopefully he'll save himself knowing it's smug Eddie in town tomorrow lunchtime and if anyone deserves a slap it's him.

Deffo. He should take a day off from being the ice man and let his hair down on Monday. Chinning smug Eddie would be a good start.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Despite negative tactics, that if we all admitted have gritted our teeth over at times, he is the greatest manager this club has ever had (including Mullers). I can handle that this season, and we're still 12th. The 12th best football team in the land. I'm happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here