Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Realistic Transfer Targets Thread

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Being a world cup year will mean strikers who would ordinarily be happy to sit the rest of the season out will suddenly have an urgency to find a move.

This is a salient point. I'd not be keen on a loan ordinarily in our situation (viz. potential relegation scrap) but that could change if the player needs to perform to force his way into his country's world cup squad. Conversely, if he is a shoo in then no thanks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In a moment of clarity, midway through the last window, I asked:-

'who has actually been signed that could be considered a 'realistic transfer target' '.

At the time (and I don't think it changed much) my answer was Sandros to Everton, for £5m, and I seem to remember a bit of love for Jay Rodriguez.

The moral of the story is...

,,,realistic signings are a bit shite. :lol:

and that you should stop asking yourself questions, as this is a one-way route to madness :thumbsup:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Clayton was left out by Monk in early November and don't think has played since

Pulis is on record that the Boro squad is far too big and several players more than West Brom squad he left behind - kind of a big hint he may be looking to move a few on - says he owes it to the chairman not to make any rash player moves in or out for first couple of weeks

We are now in the PL and Boro ain't - in theory we should be able to offer higher wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here