Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely brilliant once touch passing at times today. Certainly something we’ve improved in this season. The only negative to that is we don’t do enough of it in the final third. Certainly picked up more second balls than them which was excellent to see and Stephens & Proper really did play well.

Keep the faith and keep that points tally ticking along...:bhasign:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wonder when we’ll see a pass that goes in the net...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was like Come Dancing, one foot forward, three steps back.

Agree with that - there wasn’t enough penetration to get forward. But the quality of pass and control was brilliant to see. So many excellent moves in triangles - just not far enough up the pitch. Good point, stay positive :thumbsup:

Way too much negativity on here. We’ve just got to St James’ Park and got a point against Newcastle bloody United! If that was last season we’d have been over the moon! People need to appreciate where we are - it’s a long game if we’re going to build a squad to really compete in this league!!!!!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Agree with that - there wasn’t enough penetration to get forward. But the quality of pass and control was brilliant to see. So many excellent moves in triangles - just not far enough up the pitch. Good point, stay positive [emoji106]

Way too much negativity on here. We’ve just got to St James’ Park and got a point against Newcastle bloody United! If that was last season we’d have been over the moon! People need to appreciate where we are - it’s a long game if we’re going to build a squad to really compete in this league!!!!!
Clear and measurable progress. Next step kill off the bmuff jinx.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Agree with that - there wasn’t enough penetration to get forward. But the quality of pass and control was brilliant to see. So many excellent moves in triangles - just not far enough up the pitch. Good point, stay positive :thumbsup:

Mmm, penetration!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Same old same old. It’s supposed to be entertainment featuring GOALS and yet we don’t even shoot let alone witness GOALS. Spare me the long term bolllcks, that doesn’t exist in football. It’s now or tomorrow. We need to score GOALS to stop ourselves dying from boredom let alone stay up. We’re just so incredibly DULL. And I for one am not going to sit back all content because we simply prevented another team from scoring. GOALS. I want to see some ****ing GOALS from my team. Yet not one player, let alone two or three, in a professional squad of ‘elite’ players can do this. It’s nothing short of embarrassing. And boring as hell to watch. No other team is as predictable as us. If you’re a gambler (I’m not) the you should be living in a Manor House by now it’s so easy. You need shooting if you’ve not cleaned up recently. Get all your money and stick it on Brighton & Nil Albion.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Our composure on the ball was streets ahead of Newcastle's, but how did we manage to create so few chances? Newcastle did the opposite of Liverpool and Huddersfield and allowed us time on the ball. Too bad we couldn't punish them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely brilliant once touch passing at times today. Certainly something we’ve improved in this season. The only negative to that is we don’t do enough of it in the final third. Certainly picked up more second balls than them which was excellent to see and Stephens & Proper really did play well.

Keep the faith and keep that points tally ticking along...:bhasign:

Your final sentence is the key l think. Just keep picking up the points. If we can't win a game, let's make sure we get something from it. Do that for the remainder of the season, and we should be fine.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Same old same old. It’s supposed to be entertainment featuring GOALS and yet we don’t even shoot let alone witness GOALS. Spare me the long term bolllcks, that doesn’t exist in football. It’s now or tomorrow. We need to score GOALS to stop ourselves dying from boredom let alone stay up. We’re just so incredibly DULL. And I for one am not going to sit back all content because we simply prevented another team from scoring. GOALS. I want to see some ****ing GOALS from my team. Yet not one player, let alone two or three, in a professional squad of ‘elite’ players can do this. It’s nothing short of embarrassing. And boring as hell to watch. No other team is as predictable as us. If you’re a gambler (I’m not) the you should be living in a Manor House by now it’s so easy. You need shooting if you’ve not cleaned up recently. Get all your money and stick it on Brighton & Nil Albion.

Rant over? I for one, am more than happy to be bored stupid by negative football, and they can even board up the goals as far as l'm concerned, just as long as it leads to one thing . . . Premier League survival. Did anyone really expect us to score a lot of goals this season? I certainly didn't.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Your final sentence is the key l think. Just keep picking up the points. If we can't win a game, let's make sure we get something from it. Do that for the remainder of the season, and we should be fine.

The trouble is, in the last two months of the season we play: Arsenal, Everton (away), Man City (away), Leicester, Hudds, Palace (away), Spurs, Burnley (away), Man U, Liverpool (away).

That feels like a tough run-in, accepting that we would expect to beat Huddersfield and possibly Leicester at home, maybe get something at Palace and / or Burnley.

I know we could have lost today and disappointment with a draw at Newcastle is a measure of how far we've come, but we cannot expect the points to keep ticking over consistently - when we have another tough spell we will wish that we'd taken all 3 today - which our possession and composure on the ball merited, but lack of a cutting edge didn't.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Rant over? I for one, am more than happy to be bored stupid by negative football, and they can even board up the goals as far as l'm concerned, just as long as it leads to one thing . . . Premier League survival. Did anyone really expect us to score a lot of goals this season? I certainly didn't.

Why are your expectations so boringly low? One goal a game isn’t too much to ask for is it? We hardly score one goal every solstice let alone that. No ones saying we expected them to be flying in, 2 or 3 every half. I’m not even talking about winning, But month after month we see ZERO. NIL. ZIP. NIEN. THE SUM OF NOTHING. Why is that so acceptable? Not a problem to observe and comment about? From a squad of professionals being paid eye watering amounts? Wheres the glory gone, Christ no wonder the games run by accountants when so many dullards are prepared to pay good money and boast about how great life is being 4 points off the drop and having seen one goal from however many matches it is now.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Whilst we might bemoan our lack of scoring opportunities, you have to say that Newcastle were hardly much more creative. OK, they got the ball forward a little quicker than us, but apart from one great save from Ryan, they hardly did anything - and they were the home team! We clearly came for the point and got it. Plus, we stopped Newcastle getting three points from a game they must have thought was a banker.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why are your expectations so boringly low? One goal a game isn’t too much to ask for is it? We hardly score one goal every solstice let alone that. No ones saying we expected them to be flying in, 2 or 3 every half. I’m not even talking about winning, But month after month we see ZERO. NIL. ZIP. NIEN. THE SUM OF NOTHING. Why is that so acceptable? Not a problem to observe and comment about? From a squad of professionals being paid eye watering amounts? Wheres the glory gone, Christ no wonder the games run by accountants when so many dullards are prepared to pay good money and boast about how great life is being 4 points off the drop and having seen one goal from however many matches it is now.

Maybe we were all spoilt last season, ( and the previous one), when we were playing some wonderful counter attacking football, and the goals were flowing. If we tried to recreate those tactics in the Premier League, we would get buried. Yes l know that the football we are playing now is boring, yes l know it's negative. But to me at least, if it gets us over the line, even if it's in seventeenth place, then it's all been worth it.

If we can achieve Premier League survival come the end of the season, then l think it's an even bigger achievement, than winning promotion last term. Once we have got our foot in the door so to speak, and we begin to get used to playing there, l think we will see our tactics then l think our tactics slowly change, and we will play with a bit more freedom.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Watched a stream. We just don’t look confident in front of goal, so many sideways passes instead of having a go. The trouble is that if you do have a go and miss, the other players will say that you should’ve passed to them. Confidence levels need to be better to help with this issue.
Well if that’s so then they can all do one as clearly they can’t shoot or score so why would you want to pass to them?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe we were all spoilt last season, ( and the previous one), when we were playing some wonderful counter attacking football, and the goals were flowing. If we tried to recreate those tactics in the Premier League, we would get buried. Yes l know that the football we are playing now is boring, yes l know it's negative. But to me at least, if it gets us over the line, even if it's in seventeenth place, then it's all been worth it.

If we can achieve Premier League survival come the end of the season, then l think it's an even bigger achievement, than winning promotion last term. Once we have got our foot in the door so to speak, and we begin to get used to playing there, l think we will see our tactics then l think our tactics slowly change, and we will play with a bit more freedom.

Well I bloody hope so because today was another sixty quid down the drain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here