Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The next eight games ...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... will be season-defining. We've got an awful March, April and May in front of us, where I doubt we'll pick up many points, so these next eight games are going to be pivotal in terms of staying in this league. There's only Chelsea from the top six, and we're playing most of the teams below us in this run. Anything less than 12 points, and I'll be concerned about which league we're playing in next season:
Newcastle (a)
Bournemouth (h)
West Brom (a)
Chelsea (h)
Southampton (a)
West Ham (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No need to look beyond the next 2 games for now.

If we can go 10+ points ahead of Bournemouth, West Brom and Swansea then things won't look too bad.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I know what you mean but it’s one game at a time for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know what you mean but it’s one game at a time for me.

I also know what you mean, but we're fans, not players or management, so we can look beyond the next game. On which, given the close proximity of today's and Monday's game, even CH will be looking beyond today, and on to Bournemouth.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reasonable analysis.

We are in a very unusual situation where you can probably quite accurately estimate only a handful of points from our last 10 games...

The next 8 games ARE the ones that will decide our fate. If they were played in March - May then the fact would be more obvious but no less true.

The next few games at The Amex should be treated like Cup Finals (apart from the Palace game of course...).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There are 4 home games that we can and must win Bournemouth, Swansea, West Ham and Huddersfield which will give us 34 points. We then need to pick up 4 more points (i think 38 will be enough) from the other 13 games though would appreciate as many draws and wins as we can get.

Even if we get a striker I believe we need to change our approach in these games and have more attacking play , if we play 4 4 2 the front 2 need to be freed from defensive shackles , maybe we should drop the 442 and play 433 and not be so dependent on wingers who generally have not delivered the goods as wingers..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Our stats were better than Newcastle today, that doesn't convert to points I understand, however we need to score from people other than our striker. We are currently spurning opportunities as others understand us and we have dips in confidence. We can only but watch, but I still believe that we think more about defence than attack and this is getting into the mindset of all players. Its still in our hands so no need to think too hard on it at the moment, three points against Bournemouth would be handy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Reasonable analysis.

We are in a very unusual situation where you can probably quite accurately estimate only a handful of points from our last 10 games...

The next 8 games ARE the ones that will decide our fate. If they were played in March - May then the fact would be more obvious but no less true.

The next few games at The Amex should be treated like Cup Finals (apart from the Palace game of course...).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nail on head.

We really do need to be more positive in these 8 games (excluding Chelsea) or we will be back in championship playing Reading.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There will be several deaths, the club doctor confirming a lack of attacking excitement as the primary cause

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are 4 home games that we can and must win Bournemouth, Swansea, West Ham and Huddersfield which will give us 34 points. We then need to pick up 4 more points (i think 38 will be enough) from the other 13 games though would appreciate as many draws and wins as we can get.

Even if we get a striker I believe we need to change our approach in these games and have more attacking play , if we play 4 4 2 the front 2 need to be freed from defensive shackles , maybe we should drop the 442 and play 433 and not be so dependent on wingers who generally have not delivered the goods as wingers..

I think 442 is the problem. It’s so predictable and we are so static that any smart player/manager will know exactly where everyone of our player will be at any given time....and exactly what they need to do nullify them given most of them are very predictable with their individual play.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
:bounce:

Since this thread has been started, we've amassed six points, with two further 'six-pointers' approaching. I indicated before the Newcastle game, I'd be concerned with anything less than 12 points. We've amassed just six from the first six, and two wins seem unlikely, although at present I'd be more than happy with four, taking us to 10 and, at present, this will put us on 31, in what will be a relatively strong position. This just goes to show that the points total for survival might just be lower than many of us feared. The points accrued have been as follows:

Newcastle 1
Bournemouth 1
West Brom 0
Chelsea 0
Southampton 1
West Ham 3
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poor return really so far. Not a disaster but not brilliant.

Need 6 points to make it decent enough.

4 points next 2 makes it ok but with the run in I think we will ultimately of needed more.

Less than 4 next 2 and cant really say didn't deserve to go down

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poor return really so far. Not a disaster but not brilliant.
I'd have liked a little more, but a point a game so far isn't poor.
Need 6 points to make it decent enough.

4 points next 2 makes it ok
Another 4, 10 points total, would be brilliant.

but with the run in I think we will ultimately of needed more.
31 points with 10 games left to play! (even with 5 against top 6 sides) Yes please!

Less than 4 next 2 and cant really say didn't deserve to go down
We probably won't get 4, so you might as well start crying now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here