Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More men in the box

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You know one thing I have noticed regarding this a bit, the fact that we never have a man on the edge of the box at a corner. So many times we have a corner, the ball gets cleared to the edge of the box and NO man in stripes is there to collect, it is always the opposition who then spring a counter attack. Chris is paid the big bucks and is obviously doing a better job than I could before everybody starts crying, but it's something I have noticed and hope we address soon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You know one thing I have noticed regarding this a bit, the fact that we never have a man on the edge of the box at a corner. So many times we have a corner, the ball gets cleared to the edge of the box and NO man in stripes is there to collect, it is always the opposition who then spring a counter attack. Chris is paid the big bucks and is obviously doing a better job than I could before everybody starts crying, but it's something I have noticed and hope we address soon.

Never? ...problem there is opposition sometimes put a player on him ...sometimes!

IMG_4333.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It is frustrating to see the entire team bar one settle in 20 yards in from the halfway spot as soon as they get possession, bus parked etc. Pushing up and pressing while they have possession in and around the circle is something we should try and do a bit more. We seem to do this quite well when we are behind and pushing for a result in last 10 or during a good spell but not often enough. Liverpool is a good example of giving them 3/4 of the pitch and getting stuffed, but to be fair they were on fire!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is frustrating to see the entire team bar one settle in 20 yards in from the halfway spot as soon as they get possession, bus parked etc. Pushing up and pressing while they have possession in and around the circle is something we should try and do a bit more. We seem to do this quite well when we are behind and pushing for a result in last 10 or during a good spell but not often enough. Liverpool is a good example of giving them 3/4 of the pitch and getting stuffed, but to be fair they were on fire!

Murray doing an impression of Barn Door Billy on the day didn’t help. I really enjoyed that game btw, could have been SO much closer.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This would be far more beneficial than hyping up our next striker only for the vast majority to cry he’s worse than barn door billy etc. Squeeze up 10 yards and we will score more regardless of who’s up top

Very good post. Solly March didn't have the best of games against Watford aside from his corner kicks but he did cross some great balls into the box where he expected Brighton players to be attacking. Sadly, they all went begging because of this ultra-conservative approach.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great idea squeeze up 10 yards to leave more space behind the back 4 for the opposition to exploit so we concede more goals than we currently do without gaining any additional points.

Tactical genius :clap:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Great idea squeeze up 10 yards to leave more space behind the back 4 for the opposition to exploit so we concede more goals than we currently do without gaining any additional points.

I thought it was bloody obvious that the OP meant for our attack to push up. Other teams seem to manage it without needing their defence to play in the opposition half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This would be far more beneficial than hyping up our next striker only for the vast majority to cry he’s worse than barn door billy etc. Squeeze up 10 yards and we will score more regardless of who’s up top

Just need one player in the box really, the guy whose principle job it is to be on the receiving end of all those crosses that currently scoot futilely all the way across the box and out the other side. Three in the first 12 minutes in the last game at the Amex. And, yes, Barnes - or a player in the Barnes mould - WOULD have had those.

:goal:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Just need one player in the box really, the guy whose principle job it is to be on the receiving end of all those crosses that currently scoot futilely all the way across the box and out the other side. Three in the first 12 minutes in the last game at the Amex. And, yes, Barnes - or a player in the Barnes mould - WOULD have had those.

:goal:

BARNEY only scores PENÁLS and they DON'T COUNT

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Of course thats what the opposition do to us yet we don't appear to have the talent or vision from midfield to release the 'electric paced' Izequedo', instead he's too busy acting as second full back. I am happy, but sometimes feel we don't use our assetts to the best of their ability. We shoud certainly be seeking to take six points from the next games, but lets see how we play against Newscastle, the same debacle as last year, as we did with Huddersfield previously and this year. Its CHs head on the line, but its still our team.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

No need to be so rediculous mate just knocky or March dependant on which side the attack is coming from should be in the box along with gross and one of either propper or Stephens should be lurking near at hand

D

Deleted member 2719

No need to be so rediculous mate just knocky or March dependant on which side the attack is coming from should be in the box along with gross and one of either propper or Stephens should be lurking near at hand

I agree knocky and March can both cause havoc in the box...........when they are allowed get that far up field.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sigh! It's all the same thing really - get more players in the box, leave one player up when defending corners and set pieces, defend further up the pitch - yes, we've heard it all, and said it all.

Reality is, we're doing well, we're pretty nearly as high up the football league as we've ever been - so it's make up your mind time; do you want to carry on like we are (hopefully with a new striker, which won't change our playing style), or do you want to sack the manager? Because they are the only options available to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here