Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Currently snowing in Newcastle

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Paging @Frutos! He's snowbound in the general Newcastle region and is reporting that it's not going to change any time soon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Paging @Frutos! He's snowbound in the general Newcastle region and is reporting that it's not going to change any time soon.
The snow has now stopped where I am too. Still a fair covering on the ground, but no more coming at present.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
My newsagent informed me this morning they have under soil heating so the much should be fine. Sometimes from a safety point if the access roads and pavements are considered a no go then it might be called off. I am currently 35 miles north of Newcastle and the snow has stopped and appears to be thawing but further snow is forecast for later today/ tonight. Hope that helps. And yes I'm going.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Certainly wouldn't expect a postponement at this stage.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I'm about 2 mins from the ground at the moment. There was a fair bit of snow this morning but all turning to slush now. No more forecast so I'll be amazed if the game is off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My newsagent informed me this morning they have under soil heating so the much should be fine. Sometimes from a safety point if the access roads and pavements are considered a no go then it might be called off. I am currently 35 miles north of Newcastle and the snow has stopped and appears to be thawing but further snow is forecast for later today/ tonight. Hope that helps. And yes I'm going.

Undersoil heating mandatory in the PL....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm about 2 mins from the ground at the moment. There was a fair bit of snow this morning but all turning to slush now. No more forecast so I'll be amazed if the game is off.

:needpics:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Weather is fine....shirts off!!

7AEEA77A-BD9C-4FB6-84B7-5A976C47AB09.jpeg

A fine figure of a man.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Weather is fine....shirts off!!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Excellent I'm coming up then !, just asking cos ive been lucky the one game I was going to that got called off while everyone was on route , I slept in -- too drunk to set alarm due to staff xmas party-- think it was Blackburn or Preston a few years ago

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It's snowing in Newcastle.. EVERYBODY PANIIICC!!!

Oh, hang on, it's just a light dusting.

As you were, everyone.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Snow has very little bearing on a postponed game in the Prem nowadays doesn't it? To much technology clears the pitch, although the getting to the game, etc., I guess does have a bearing, although St Geordies Park is located town centre and they're used to the white stuff?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It's a requirement of the Premier League to have under soil heating at all grounds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here