[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sky Bet don’t:

Palace 6/4
Villa 2/1
Sheff Utd 2/1
Brighton 20/1

What’s the max stake? I may have a score or something and see if the odds fall - that’s also not a bad price for a player we’re allegedly keen on.. don’t have sky bet though annoyingly and won’t make an account.. I’ll have to ask around...

Just checked - £20 max - I’ll happily put the dolla up to see if it moves and potentially have an outside chance of getting £400 :thumbsup:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
If we landed Brewster & Sessegnon I'd be absolutely over the moon.

Problem of course seems as though it's loans or buy back clauses or whatever - some type of "catch".

Given the bizarre times we are living in right now, there is a part of me that would be happy with loans for both.
We'd hopefully end up mid-table and be a much more attractive prospect for potential signings in 2021.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
How do Villa afford all these players. Weren't they financially inches away from disaster a few seasons back?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
How do Villa afford all these players. Weren't they financially inches away from disaster a few seasons back?

They don't. The signings will be propped up by the owners. As FFP has pretty much gone out of the window (see Man City) it seems we're back to the days of 'if you have a rich owner who wants to spend their own cash to an endless degree - no problem'.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
They don't. The signings will be propped up by the owners. As FFP has pretty much gone out of the window (see Man City) it seems we're back to the days of 'if you have a rich owner who wants to spend their own cash to an endless degree - no problem'.

Considering they only came up last year they have near on replaced the whole of their promotion squad except about four. Mental that even the bottom clubs in this league Villa, Fulham, Leeds ect.. Have such strong financial power.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Considering they only came up last year they have near on replaced the whole of their promotion squad except about four. Mental that even the bottom clubs in this league Villa, Fulham, Leeds ect.. Have such strong financial power.

Agreed - but apparently they have very rich owners who a bit like Abramovich seem to think nothing of spending endless millions of their own money, and as said earlier and regarding any FFP repercussions they'll act like City did and find some way of circumventing these rules with expensive lawyers. The money men seem to have all the power and influence these days, certainly over the football authorities anyway.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Agreed - but apparently they have very rich owners who a bit like Abramovich seem to think nothing of spending endless millions of their own money, and as said earlier and regarding any FFP repercussions they'll act like City did and find some way of circumventing these rules with expensive lawyers. The money men seem to have all the power and influence these days, certainly over the football authorities anyway.

It's a shame that football went this way. Especially when clubs over a hundred years old are dying.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's a shame that football went this way. Especially when clubs over a hundred years old are dying.

It is the same in business all over . . . . a very greedy shark like approach has been adopted and tolerated for decades now, the rich minority get richer and the rest, well **** em.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It is the same in business all over . . . . a very greedy shark like approach has been adopted and tolerated for decades now, the rich minority get richer and the rest, well **** em.

Yeah, it’s rank and is destroying football and the world. F&&k knows why the 99.9% of us put up with it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sky Bet don’t:

Palace 6/4
Villa 2/1
Sheff Utd 2/1
Brighton 20/1

I guess not then...I am slightly invested as I think he’d be a great signing.

Didn’t Palace publicly deny interest in him though? How does that work?

I had £20 of free bets on it, just to see. Odds cut from 20/1 to 16/1 straight away and market suspended - tells you all you need to know about bookies and transfers odds. Guesswork based on the press reports and where the money is going...!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Totally agree. And what is so sad is that so many football fans seem to think it is the fault of wealthy owners.

Here's how I see it:

Millions pay Sky to watch the Prem.
The visibility of the Prem on Sky make it attractive to wealthy people who want to re-engineer their reputations.
They will sink masses of cash into the clubs to get to the top of the shit heap to achieve that reputational change.
That money, and the TV money, funnels into football where medicore players sell for £50m and earn £200k a week.
The visibility of the Prem on Sky make it attractive to wealthy people who want to re-engineer their reputations.
They will sink masses of cash into the clubs to get to the top of the shit heap to achieve that reputational change.
That money, and the TV money, funnels into football where medicore players sell for £50m and earn £200k a week.
Rinse and repeat.

There is VERY easy way to make all this change. Stop paying for a Sky subscription.
If people don't pay, Sky money goes. Visibility goes. Fewer mega-rich bluebottles flying round the dung heap. 100 year old clubs can compete.

But people want their unlimited, always on footy on TV so this won't happen. Until it does, I'd love fans to stop moaning about rich peoiple ruining football.

(not aimed at you [MENTION=41469]Nameless[/MENTION] )

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Totally agree. And what is so sad is that so many football fans seem to think it is the fault of wealthy owners.

Here's how I see it:

Rinse and repeat.

There is VERY easy way to make all this change. Stop paying for a Sky subscription.
If people don't pay, Sky money goes. Visibility goes. Fewer mega-rich bluebottles flying round the dung heap. 100 year old clubs can compete.

But people want their unlimited, always on footy on TV so this won't happen. Until it does, I'd love fans to stop moaning about rich peoiple ruining football.

You are correct to an extent. But the premier league is international now it's not just sky, BT, Amazon ect.. majority of the TV income comes from international rights. I don't think it's even a case of Rich people ruining football but more a case of the financial filter through the divisions being incorrect. Obviously the current covid crisis doesn't help matters but EFL in particular could do much more to stop clubs like Bury being systematically destroyed.

I was born in 1997 the same year Brighton almost went out of the football league and sold the goldstone 23 years later we are in a world class stadium playing in a league which you get over £100million by staying in it. Football is weird and impossible to predict over time but the team that finished bellow us Hereford play in the national league north presumably struggling a fair bit at the moment.

Makes you think what could happen over the next 23 years It's only a matter of time before players sell for billions and the football league system in this country and around the world is entirely changed. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Sky struggle to keep up and Premier League getting it's own streaming service similar to Amazon and Netflix.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Here's how I see it:

Rinse and repeat.

Somewhere in the not too distant future, it'll be Euro/World League with Clubs having their own PPV streaming deals. There is big money to be earned and sod the effect it has on local UK football or clubs left behind

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't understand this sneering at other clubs. Didn't we have the 5th highest spend in Europe last summer or something stupid? And running at £20M+ per year losses?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't understand this sneering at other clubs. Didn't we have the 5th highest spend in Europe last summer or something stupid? And running at £20M+ per year losses?

1st PL year -> £5M profit
2nd PL year -> £20M loss
3rd PL year ( figures not out yet ) -> £20M loss + undeclared Covid losses ?

It's a bit early to declare what the ongoing long term average loss is and figures will be distorted for a while by Covid losses anyway.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

It's a good point. Not sure the figure is wholly indicative of our spending though. I think it was fifth highest net spend. If you sell £200m worth of players (from your £800m squad) and spend spend £250m, your net spend could be lower than ours given that we sold no one (from our squad valued at pennies by comparision). But we do have a rich Uncle Tony backing us, and some seem to forget that when moaning about even richer owners splurging on their club of choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here