Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tidings Of Comfort And Joy!

el punal

Just thought I would share this indulgent bit of soppiness with you. We bought our nine year old grandson, Harry, the Albion goalkeeper kit for Christmas, complete with PL badges, his name and number 1 printed on. Chuffed to bits does not even come close to describing his joy on receiving it.

Straight into the garden to practice his Maty Ryan shot stoppers despite the rain and snow. When we decided to go on the country walk and trip to the pub (essential!), there he was, still fully kitted out. He got admiring, and disdained, looks for we were in Palace territory for Christmas. No skin off his nose!

The final icing on the cake? When asked what his favourite, of numerous presents, was? You guessed right! :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The bonus is that Ryan can borrow Harry's goalkeeping kit when he grows a bit.

That's a lovely Christmas Albion story. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing Harry between the posts in years to come. REMF 2025?

Has he taken it off now for a well-deserved wash?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just thought I would share this indulgent bit of soppiness with you. We bought our nine year old grandson, Harry, the Albion goalkeeper kit for Christmas, complete with PL badges, his name and number 1 printed on. Chuffed to bits does not even come close to describing his joy on receiving it.

Straight into the garden to practice his Maty Ryan shot stoppers despite the rain and snow. When we decided to go on the country walk and trip to the pub (essential!), there he was, still fully kitted out. He got admiring, and disdained, looks for we were in Palace territory for Christmas. No skin off his nose!

The final icing on the cake? When asked what his favourite, of numerous presents, was? You guessed right! :thumbsup:

Actually - if I was to buy an Albion top it would be the goalie's. When I was at school it was cool and different to have a keeper's jersey.

And what a great role model in Matty.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Actually - if I was to buy an Albion top it would be the goalie's. When I was at school it was cool and different to have a keeper's jersey.

And what a great role model in Matty.

Not to mention the light blue keepers kit is actually the nicest version of our current kit.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

That’s great, we also got our seven year old the goalkeeper kit, with the badges and Ryan - 1 on the back along with his very own set of BHAFC goalie gloves.. It was top of his list. I then spent the next few weeks telling him that he was very unlikely to get it from Fathet Christmas as the club had sold out of all kits (is it just me that does that?) and so the look of sheer joy on his face when he opened it on Christmas morning was something that will live long in the memory.

He spent most of the day throwing himself around the living room catching footballs and asking his Grandad for marks out of ten for each save.

He was lucky enough to get a few quid for Christmas which usually means a trip to the toy shops but I’m delighted to say that this year that wasn’t the case. He was adamant that he wanted the Yellow Kit and so on the 27th we headed to the Amex and he spent all of his Christmas money on the full Yellow kit with full badges and March printed on the back. Proud Dad here :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here