Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Southampton offered £25m for Dunk.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Hypothetical question.

Would you take it? Goldsons impressive debut against Watford, Hunemier waiting in the wings. Could we lose Lewis in January and boost the pot for an offensive player around the same value?

Or does Lewis have to stay if we have any realistic chance of staying up?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hypothetical question.

Would you take it? Goldsons impressive debut against Watford, Hunemier waiting in the wings. Could we lose Lewis in January and boost the pot for an offensive player around the same value?

Or does Lewis have to stay if we have any realistic chance of staying up?

If Van Dijk is worth £75m then Dunk is worth £150m.

Van Dijk is a very average defender.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well as he is not an England player and A bit off that, I think I would bite their hand off....IF we used some of that money on a dembele type player.

But I can't see bloom letting him go.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No, No, No it would be short termism at its very very worst to sell him. He will have better options at the end of the season and he would go for 35-40 million and he could be the difference between relegation or survival and why would you strengthen a club in a similar position in the table.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
No...... not to anyone, if possible, do not want to hold him back though, as I'm sure if he went to a top six member his rewards would probably mean a World Cup squad call up but if we can hold on for this window our chances of staying up are increased and at his age there should be two more World Cup and maybe three Euros for him if he's good enough (which I believe he is)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the club would be pleased to accept £25m for Dunk from any club as it represents great business. I dont think that paying £50m + for VVD does however, only for Southampton who receive it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why the hell would LD go to Southampton, when he's already at a fantastic, marvellous, brilliant and we'll supported club like Brighton and Hove Albion :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No...... not to anyone, if possible, do not want to hold him back though, as I'm sure if he went to a top six member his rewards would probably mean a World Cup squad call up but if we can hold on for this window our chances of staying up are increased and at his age there should be two more World Cup and maybe three Euros for him if he's good enough (which I believe he is)

I think that Southgate has already decided on his CBs which do not include LD. He is apparently looking at Lascelles this evening as an outside possibility.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I've got some questions for you, @Dr. No.
1. Do you think Albion will sign a striker in the Jan window?
2. Can you remember the Euro pop group, ending with the name ** Limits?
3. Do you know who put the rama in the ramalamadingdong?
4. Does Dr. No have a cat?

:cool:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Some desperate team could end up spunking a lot more than £25M for Dunk. He ticks the boxes, tall, young, plays long balls, dribbles from the back, fills the English quota and has potential to be top quality. I don’t necessarily agree he’s worth more than 25M right now, but it’s a crazy market out there. I’d hate to see him go regardless at any price, he’s been one of our best players for a while.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here