Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Soulless

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I was completely taken aback by the the corporate soulless shit tip that is Chelsea fc. From the moment we got there the lack of passion was evident everywhere, none of the excitable buzz that you should feel around a football stadium just tourists everywhere photographing anything with a Chelsea badge on it. I've never seen so many helpful nicey nicey stewards ...one told me to " have a good game" did he know a fat fity odd year probably wouldn't even make the bench?
I asked a smart dressed doorman where the away turnstiles were , he looked at my blankly, I asked him again, he looked at me blankly, finally I said I was a Brighton fan and a he said " ahh a visitor!" then pointed me in the direction of yet more stewards to have my ticket checked about half a dozen times.
Did anyone else see the 1/2 & 1/2 scarves with Brighton/The Chels on them? THE CHELS? What shiny suited ****nut came up with that little gem ? I wouldn't buy one if I had hypothermia.
Inside the ground was just as bad, plastic fans sitting silently on plastic seats made no noise at all for 90% of the game , god knows how their players feel about playing in front of 40000 statues week in week out! Chelsea fans could do with a year or two in the championshipso they can begin to learn how to support their club properly.
All in all the whole Chelsea experience is something It at sums up everything wrong with the premier league....id rather be at Selhurst!!!!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It was a little grim, and I must say I am looking forward to West Brom in January as an antidote. To me, the epitome of sterile “support “ has to be the official giant flag wavers dotted around the edges of the pitch with their synchronised flag waving every time their players pop another goal in the back of the net against poor old hapless us or suchlike. Arsenal had them too. No sour grapes on my part, I promise, I just think they are horrible, and almost on a par with ****ing clackers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same as Old Trafford, which I wasn’t expecting. Loads of tourists, dozens of people carrying merchandise and no sign at all of any edginess. I went to Chelsea a few times years ago with a former client....the atmosphere was never like it was yesterday. Until they scored it was almost completely silent.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well said

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A Chelsea mate if mine said "judge us when we come to your place, we make noise for champions not nobodies"
Charming!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Also, the pa announcer who couldn't pronounce the names of several Chelsea players properly. And he's employed by the club

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did anyone else see the 1/2 & 1/2 scarves with Brighton/The Chels on them? THE CHELS? What shiny suited ****nut came up with that little gem ? I wouldn't buy one if I had hypothermia.

Surely that's just so the wideboys selling them don't get done for copyright infringement? Half & Halfs always have the team names slightly wrong or generic like that so they can't get done.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A Chelsea mate if mine said "judge us when we come to your place, we make noise for champions not nobodies"
Charming!

Your mate sounds like a right smug ****...i can see why he's a Chelsea customer

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Charming!

Their go-to response these days, they don't legislate for the fact many of us have been to their 'derbies' before where it's absolutely no different.

Marine Boy

Jan 27, 2009
shoreham
I was expecting a soulless experience however what I wasn't expecting was a restricted view in the lower tier I could only see all the pitch as long as everyone in front of me were sitting , and I'll never know whether the stadium had upper tiers as I didn't see them !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was expecting a soulless experience however what I wasn't expecting was a restricted view in the lower tier I could only see all the pitch as long as everyone in front of me were sitting , and I'll never know whether the stadium had upper tiers as I didn't see them !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upper was Very steep! Probably a good job we didn't score..

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Surely that's just so the wideboys selling them don't get done for copyright infringement? Half & Halfs always have the team names slightly wrong or generic like that so they can't get done.

Was a stall right outside the stadium not some wideboy with a cardboard box full of crap so I'd of thought they had some sort of licence

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was a stall right outside the stadium not some wideboy with a cardboard box full of crap so I'd of thought they had some sort of licence

Peddler's licence means they can sell on street. So only way club can object is if they infringe copyright. That's why it didn't say Chelsea FC on the scarf.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Peddler's licence means they can sell on street. So only way club can object is if they infringe copyright. That's why it didn't say Chelsea FC on the scarf.

But it still could've said Chelsea I'd be pretty sure there's no copyright infringement there, besides. They had plenty of other stuff featuring the club badge and player images

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
It was a little grim, and I must say I am looking forward to West Brom in January as an antidote. To me, the epitome of sterile “support “ has to be the official giant flag wavers dotted around the edges of the pitch with their synchronised flag waving every time their players pop another goal in the back of the net against poor old hapless us or suchlike. Arsenal had them too. No sour grapes on my part, I promise, I just think they are horrible, and almost on a par with ****ing clackers.
Totally agree. And don't start me on the ****ing bubbles at the TaxPayer Stadium (obvs not when we were playing them)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same for all the big clubs these days. Their excuse being ‘its only Brighton, Watford etc’ and they expect to win. And do. That’s the yawning gap in football finances for you. Many of the plastics don’t get excited for more than 2 or 3 games a season. The rest is just turn up look at your smart phone all game and cheer when the almost pre determined number of goals go in. It’s that complacency that’s utterly killed any competition. And without competition...? Imagine turning up to games knowing you’re going to win. Year after year. Chelsea fans been doing this for 20 years now. No wondered they’re bored and SB is a graveyard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here